Anyone - TULSA, Oklahoma???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, mine is a 2011 sl from southern California. It's sitting a little over 5900 miles on the clock. It spent the majority of 2012 as used car inventory. I almost leased a 2013. I had intentions of buying the lease once finished. The night i was to lease was late and the finance mgr. left for the evening. So, I had intentions of returning monday to do the lease. I had all day sunday to do calculations. After paying around 240 a month for a 13 sv. I would still have 16k in residual. The preowned being so close to that. I ultimately decided preowned was my best option. I ended up paying $17,500. It kind of stinks that the resale took such a hit because of the 13s, but it will help more people embrace this technology like the prius. Anyhow, very very happy to be here.

That is the way I like, own the car outright, however most people lease. I am aware of 4 people in Tulsa area that had/have '11. Most of them from TX because Leaf was nor available in OK back then. Wonder what you have, planning for your L2 or you will be staying with L1. What will be your daily use?

At the moment L1, but as I become more aware of the car capabilities i'm sure a l2 will be needed. I commute to Tulsa 37 miles roundtrip. I think there are only 4 charging stations in the Tulsa area all l2. Most of them are at the Nissan ds. Sat i tend to drive more, but lucky for me a nissan ds is a half mile from my parents home. I really loved the concept of the leaf since day 1. It just took me some time to realize it could easily work for my lifestyle. I really wish ok would push for more credits. They gave them all away for street legal golf carts. I know as my good friend bought a candy coco for about $800 after credits.

State help will be nice, but I do not think will happen with all resources directed toward cng. I never used dealer evse, but used the only public located @ Whole Foods few times. Any chance that you can plug at work?

No outdoor plugs that I'm aware of. I work for a fairly large employer and like any employer of that size. I'm pretty sure someone will complain that I'm somehow stealing from the company. There is a lvl 2 at a Reasors in Bixby. I can see myself in that area but theres also a nissan ds a mile down the road for free. We visit alot of fam and friends on the weekends so opportunity charges will be had. Also im driving the leaf mon weds and fri as a commute and my wife will drive shorter dist hauling the kid to practices tues amd thurs. Should have ample time to recover with l1.

Hello fellow Okies! I've just passed the month mark and over 1300 miles (4 tanks of gas worth) on my Leaf. I will say it is definately a pleasure to drive. I notice my aggressive tendencies are out the window. I had plans to buy an L2 evse or atleast upgrade mine, but charging times have not been an issue for me on l1. Very dissapointed at the charging possibilities at the local nissan dealerships. The spots are always clogged up by gassers. The reasors in Bixby is very nice and the spot is reserved for an ev. Any anxiety I've had about the car has pretty much passed, except for the hot summer around the corner. Have any of you experienced any batt issues? I hate the idea of refraining from driving during the heat to prolong batt life. Given my current and foreseen usage of the car if it still has 70% capacity in 2021, then I'll be ok. I still have yet to see a fellow leaf on the road. I'm still smitten with the car. Nothing better than parking at the gas pump {ding free zone} at QT and running in for a bag of gummy bears and a drink without that $70 beating in the wallet.

We live in Edmond and got our Leaf in May last year - just in time for that ridiculously hot summer we had! Whew... we had no problems with the Leaf in the summer. The air conditioner doesn't seem to affect the range nearly as much as the heater does. Hubby drives about 50-60 miles a day and usually gets home with 25-30 miles showing on the GOM.

We still LOVE our Leaf and think it's going to be a great car for years to come! :)

Benjenn said:
We live in Edmond and got our Leaf in May last year - just in time for that ridiculously hot summer we had! Whew... we had no problems with the Leaf in the summer. The air conditioner doesn't seem to affect the range nearly as much as the heater does. Hubby drives about 50-60 miles a day and usually gets home with 25-30 miles showing on the GOM.

We still LOVE our Leaf and think it's going to be a great car for years to come! :)
It's kind of funny driving in ok. It seems like the number one question I get is how many mpgs? Second if its a Juke. So far my Leaf has been good to me. I was not a fan of the red, but must say it really pops with a good coat of zaino polish. I was hoping to find a white, but couldn't justify the extra 3k in price. I'm driving mine about 400 miles a week. Still doing lvl 1 as I just have not seemed to need the l2. Anyhow, looking fwd. to many years with my lil beast. Clever lic. plate btw. I can't wait to see what I get. On my prius I was disappointed as they deemed opecsux offensive.

Beginning negotiations for a Leaf to reside in Oklahoma City. Going to be rough, though with only 3 SLs and 2 SVs in the entire state. Looking at going S w/Charge Package or SL w/Premium. Have to decide if I want to go cheap or spendy. Both models perform the same, just get you there in different style. I drive about 10 miles per day and my longest trip possible is about 80 miles round. I take 3 trips to Texas (Dallas x2 and Austin x1) per year so will rent a car for those.

Fenton West has one (SL) with significant hail damage that I've test driven twice since it is close to me. Bob Howard has the other 4 in Edmond. Surprised to see none of the Tulsa dealers have one.

Anyone in OK with a 2013 that leased able to disclose your lease amount? Thinking my bargaining power is not so great, but will see what the first dealer says when they reply to my email. Is it possible to lease from out of state? I saw someone in Dallas was getting an S w/Charge Package for $1999 down $199/month including taxes/etc. I know taxes/etc would be done in OK, but I might be able to get a better deal in a more competitive market, even factoring in a flatbed.

I'm actually getting some reasonably competitive quotes for being out in a Leaf desert. Still far from a done deal, but not as bad as I expected.

Just curious if we have many new leaf pilots in the Tulsa area. A couple weekends ago. I saw a white, silver, blue and black all on a Saturday. I'm normally shocked to see one, but very suprised to see 4!

supra410 said:
Just curious if we have many new leaf pilots in the Tulsa area. A couple weekends ago. I saw a white, silver, blue and black all on a Saturday. I'm normally shocked to see one, but very suprised to see 4!

I'm new!!!!! Picked up a white one last weekend. :)

EdmondLeaf said:
State help will be nice, but I do not think will happen with all resources directed toward cng. I never used dealer evse, but used the only public located @ Whole Foods few times. Any chance that you can plug at work?

What????? EVSE at Whole Foods????? In Tulsa???

Kitts said:
EdmondLeaf said:

What????? EVSE at Whole Foods????? In Tulsa???

'
Welcome! Great color choice BTW. Glad to see more locals. More people to field all the "how many mpg's?" questions I always seem to get.

I think Edmond Leaf was referring to a whole foods in the Okc area. Jeff Reasor seems to be the only generous grocer with a charge spot in Bixby. Otherwise, your only opportunity is the dealership.

New leaf owner in Tulsa :D

Just getting a feel for the car. Level 2 charger is delivered, not yet installed. Much learning to do..

I have just sold my 2011 Nissan Leaf SL with QC. I upgraded to the Tesla Model S85.

I have some things that I will not have any need of anymore. Look in the For Sale section under BArrowLeaf.
PM me if you need more information.

StealthMobile said:
New leaf owner in Tulsa :D

Just getting a feel for the car. Level 2 charger is delivered, not yet installed. Much learning to do..

Welcome! I went nearly a year without a level 2. It's definitely nice to have! Especially if you drive frequently.

Starting to see more Leaf pilots in Tulsa. Today @ Lowe's! Leaves hanging near lawn and garden.

Back