Spare Tire Carrier

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ideas. I replaced my factory wheels with Voxx Legras. I've got the OEM wheels for sale if anybody wants one. I'm not sure they'd be an ideal spare...

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing - definitely something I am going to pursue on my own Leaf. Have you found a scissor jack that fits in the jack storage spot behind the rear left panel?

Has anyone considered a dual-purpose kit which adds a trailer hitch and the ability to carry a spare tire beneath the car? It should be possible to attach both with a single set of bolts.

TickTock said:
Excellent post! Thanks for sharing - definitely something I am going to pursue on my own Leaf. Have you found a scissor jack that fits in the jack storage spot behind the rear left panel?

The Altima jack fits in there:

f14da0fe.jpg

669299a0.jpg

henrysunset said:
Has anyone considered a dual-purpose kit which adds a trailer hitch and the ability to carry a spare tire beneath the car? It should be possible to attach both with a single set of bolts.

Ultimately, it was easier to just use a purpose built hitch that allows room for the spare tire carrier.

TonyWilliams said:
Wow, and electric jack! With an electric wrench to take off the lug nuts, it might be kind of easy to remove and replace.

b751892c-3c3b-4a38-ad52-92a5a554d8c5_300.jpg

BLACK BULL 2000 lb. 12-Volt Electric Car Jack
Model # EJ212
Internet # 100637530

$68.00 / EA-Each

nissan made these too, they are a factory option on the C34 Stagea and probably other models as well. never actually seen one in the wild though

stagea_option1.jpg

I want to mount a spare under there (I will be using a full size spare OEM alloy rim) but I ALSO want a hitch. the hitches I Have seen so far will clearly not permit a tire their at the same time.

suggestions?

nerys said:
I want to mount a spare under there (I will be using a full size spare OEM alloy rim) but I ALSO want a hitch. the hitches I Have seen so far will clearly not permit a tire their at the same time.

suggestions?
My only suggestion is to fabricate your own set up. Others have tried and it's a tight squeeze. Good luck!

TangoKilo said:
Nice ideas. I replaced my factory wheels with Voxx Legras. I've got the OEM wheels for sale if anybody wants one. I'm not sure they'd be an ideal spare...

Are your wheels 16" ?

Can you Please email me , off list ?

[email protected]

God bless
Wyr

Back