EricBayArea
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011

Are we allowed to create polls?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:44 pm

I have taken several polls on this site but I don't see any options to create one myself.

Some direction would be good. Thanks-
Color: Cayenne Red
Plate: I PLGIN

ttweed
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1317

Re: Are we allowed to create polls?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:28 am

I believe only administrators can create polls on this forum. Post a topic with the proposed question and see if an administrator agrees that it is worth polling the membership about. Do a search first to see if it is a topic that has already been covered so as not to waste anyone's time with duplication (use the Google search option).

There was a period of several months when existing polls were not accepting new votes, but that seems to have been fixed since the migration to the new server took place recently--I was just able to change my vote in an existing poll where I had gotten an error message ""The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again" previously. Maybe an admin can clarify the current functionality and process for polls?

TT
Tom Tweed
La Jolla, CA
Plowshare Media
2011 SLe #1317 del. 4/1/11
1st bar lost at 31,953 miles
2nd bar lost at 38,685 miles
3rd bar lost at 50,711 miles
4th bar lost at 59,758 miles after 64 months
Battery replaced at 61,307 miles.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 am

^^^
Is the above still a policy? http://www.mynissanleaf.com/faq.php?style=3#f2r3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; seems wrong... or just not right for me.

I wanted to create a poll re: whether it's right that Nissan and its auto show reps state the '12 Leaf's range as "100 miles" "on average" and if not, what should they use instead? But, I'm stuck creating the poll.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Anyone? If I don't have permission, can someone create a poll for me if I supply the choices?

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

wxxyz

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 am

Only admins can post polls - if you'd like to create one, create the thread and then PM a moderator with the questions and they can create it.
Mike

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 am

Just curious: why are polls so tightly controlled? I've been on other forums where the users can freely create polls. I'm having a hard time imagining a downside to that. Does it create a load on the server?
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

wxxyz

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am

Nope, nothing that technical. It started out as a simple basic forum and that's one of the things it didn't initially allow.

I've now enabled the ability for forum supporters and gold members to create polls.

Mike

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 am

I thought I was a forum supporter and gold member, but I am apparently too stupid or blind to see how to create a poll. The FAQ says:
When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form; if you cannot see this, you do not have appropriate permissions to create polls.
All I see below the main post area is five check boxes and four action buttons, followed by an "Upload attachment" section. A browser search for Poll on that screen comes up empty. Actually, the only thing I remember seeing on any forum page that I would classify as "tabs" are the options on the left of the User Control Panel.

At the bottom of every page on the forum I see:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Ray
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”