Is my Climate control working?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnk44

Hi I just bought a 2013 Leaf SL 3 days ago and I love it. I noticed the climate control timer feature so i set the timer to 7:20am before I leave to work at 7:40am. The vehicle is charging on the trickle charger. When I get to my car, I dont notice anything on or running in the car. Is my climate control working? I turned on the timer, set the dates/time, and my charger is plugged in. It is not cold or hot here in Los Angeles right now so I cannot tell with the temperate in the car. Shouldn't the screen be on or something, while the climate control is on?

Set CC timer for the time you leave. It starts up to 30 min before the time you set. I will turn off at exactly the time set, so if you 1 min late, you won't see anything. Also, IIRC it runs to 77 so if your temps are much different that that you probably won't notice anything.

Thank you Reddy! That make a lot of sense...lol I didn't understand how that worked til now.

On the '13 I found you can set the timer TEMP in the menu Settings. I dialed mine down to 75, but it's been cool in the mornings so long as I've had it so haven't actually used the temp timer yet.

Reddy said:
Set CC timer for the time you leave. It starts up to 30 min before the time you set. I will turn off at exactly the time set, so if you 1 min late, you won't see anything. Also, IIRC it runs to 77 so if your temps are much different that that you probably won't notice anything.

I didn't know that, good to learn! I've never used the CC timer - I've always started CC from the LEAF app about 15 minutes before I depart and never had any troubles.

There are (at least?) three ways to pre-warm the car, at least in my 2011:
1) Timers, set to the time you leave
2) Smart phone (I don't know how since I don't have one)
3) Web through Carwings I think: https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login
4) Super secret way. Start car charging (I hit the timer override), press start button twice without foot on the brake (I think this also works if you have your foot on the brake and only push button once), then hit "Auto" on the climate control, then adjust temp as needed, then check your work by selecting the blue emissions button and viewing the energy screen. You should see the CC consuming up to 1.2 kW if charging on L1 and up to 3.x kW if charging on L2. I think this also works on DCQC, but don't remember if it exceeds 3 kW. FYI, I didn't come up with this, someone else on MNL posted it a long time ago, otherwise I would post a link.

Back