Goog Deal or Not?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!! wow like are we mind readers? are you aware that incentives vary widely from one place to another?

you might be able to get a new 2013 for almost the same price after incentives.

you should be posting location and driving needs at a bare minimum.

location because of incentives from your state

driving needs which will determine whether you should purchase or lease.

any history on the vehicle (which really goes back to location) where has it been for the past year. how did it get that mileage? was it the dealer demo?

Your right. sorry.
Just outside of Philly in PA. they have a 3k state refund. not bad.
I wanted to avoid the S if I could. I have to ask the same question when I go over for the test ride.
Sounds like its been sitting for a while, so maybe they are willing to deal.

As for driving needs, its for a second car, of which the current one is getting quite old.
I go 8 miles to work each way, along with the usual trips to the market and mall.
Last kid is off to college in the fall, so its just my wife and I. (who very rarely drives)
I did about 8k on the main car. About the same on car 2.

DaveinOlyWA said:
LOL!! wow like are we mind readers? are you aware that incentives vary widely from one place to another?

you might be able to get a new 2013 for almost the same price after incentives.

you should be posting location and driving needs at a bare minimum.

location because of incentives from your state

driving needs which will determine whether you should purchase or lease.

any history on the vehicle (which really goes back to location) where has it been for the past year. how did it get that mileage? was it the dealer demo?
I know that you really want to offer your well intentioned wisdom to this person, it would be better if you lowered your level of snarkyness

markr said:
Your right. sorry.
Just outside of Philly in PA. they have a 3k state refund. not bad.
I wanted to avoid the S if I could. I have to ask the same question when I go over for the test ride.
Sounds like its been sitting for a while, so maybe they are willing to deal.

As for driving needs, its for a second car, of which the current one is getting quite old.
I go 8 miles to work each way, along with the usual trips to the market and mall.
Last kid is off to college in the fall, so its just my wife and I. (who very rarely drives)
I did about 8k on the main car. About the same on car 2.

avoid the S. the SV with fed and state would only be what? $2,000 more? new car, better heater, faster charger. I dk, not sure I could justify the savings especially when not knowing the history of the used car. what if it sat in full sun last Summer (a VERY hot one everywhere except my location) with a full charge?

do you qualify for the full $7500? if not, I might consider a lease. your mileage sounds low enough that it would work for you plus you are open in a few years to get something you might really want.

as far as driving needs. I take what you say and double it. guessing it will be like 12-13,000 miles on the LEAF, a few thousand on your other cars soon after you take it home...

I dont see why I wouldnt qualify. Unless I can pull off a great deal, I see what you mean about buying new.
With all the tax breaks, it makes buying the car a pretty good deal for me.
thanks for the help.

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Back