Electric car charging stations coming to Best Buy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jena

http://www.digitaltrends.com/lifestyle/cars-lifestyle/electric-car-charging-stations-coming-to-best-buy/

I cant believe SF is not included. I live a mile from San Bruno Best Buy. I can not find any in by area :(

To Clarify "coming to":

Charging Stations will be installed outside some Best Buy stores.

This is NOT an announcement that Best Buy might be selling EVSEs to the public.

For clarity, I suggest changing the "coming to" in the Topic Title to "to be installed at", similar to this Post's Subject.

I like how they act as though they are in SF on their press releases, if you are going to do that at least install a charging station in the bay area. How pathetic is it that the bay area which has had a huge EV population for years has not EVSE program like the other regions. Good thing Gavin is on his way out, those few pathetic 120 stations at city hall for the plug in Prius fleet are a poor excuse for taking credit to make SF the EV capital.

EVDRIVER said:
I like how they act as though they are in SF on their press releases, if you are going to do that at least install a charging station in the bay area. How pathetic is it that the bay area which has had a huge EV population for years has not EVSE program like the other regions. Good thing Gavin is on his way out, those few pathetic 120 stations at city hall for the plug in Prius fleet are a poor excuse for taking credit to make SF the EV capital.

My feelings exactly!! They moved their headquarters to San Francisco "to be in the middle of the action"...I guess the joke is on us. :evil:

Ready2plugin said:
EVDRIVER said:

My feelings exactly!! They moved their headquarters to San Francisco "to be in the middle of the action"...I guess the joke is on us. :evil:

I think it is a shell office because SF would not work with AZ companies on the immigration law. Who knows but it regardless the mayor is really bad at negotiating anything green for the city but he acts like he has done it all for SF.

EVDRIVER said:
Ready2plugin said:
EVDRIVER said:

I think it is a shell office because SF would not work with AZ companies on the immigration law. Who knows but it regardless the mayor is really bad at negotiating anything green for the city but he acts like he has done it all for SF.

It's unfortunate that politics take a front seat in just about everything.
This is an old Phx. Biz Journal article boasting the benefits of stimulus money and job creation, somewhere but not here in Arizona.
http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/08/03/daily50.html

SB1070 forced the "shell office" move to a kinder and gentler EV environment, San Francisco. Their are still two offices for ECOtality and ETEC here in Scottsdale and Phoenix.
I work down the street from the Scottsdale ECOtality office and have never seen a car in the lot or anyone at the office. I think it's just a shell of a building holding up the ECOtality sign. I called the Scottsdale office once and was automatically forwarded to a field service tech's cell phone who said I should call the CEO if I have any questions. Google maps street view is the best EV Covert Ops tool these days.

I guess 99.8 Million doesn't buy much of an office building or phone system.

Wait guys - this is part of EV Project. I suppose the fact that SF is not part of EVP is not news ...

garygid said:
To Clarify "coming to":

Charging Stations will be installed outside some Best Buy stores.

For clarity, I suggest changing the "coming to" in the Topic Title to "to be installed at", similar to this Post's Subject.

I didnt write the article. If you didnt know about this article, now you know. I think its exciting those best buys will be having charging stations installed at their parking lot. I dont think the common person knows what a EVSE is. I hope SF will be on their second round of installs list.

Jena said:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/lifestyle/cars-lifestyle/electric-car-charging-stations-coming-to-best-buy/

I cant believe SF is not included. I live a mile from San Bruno Best Buy. I can not find any in by area :(

Welcome to the Forum Jena! :)

smkettner said:
garygid said:
I wish they would. They could even send out the Geek Squad to install ;)
Maybe they will. At Plug-in 2010 in San Jose Best Buy had a booth - sort of - that seemed to imply exactly that. It was a very pathetic excuse of a booth, though. Nothing but four poster boards lined up; no one there to talk to.

Geek squad = young kids ruining your home. They can't even do AV correctly I can't imagine AC.

evnow said:
Wait guys - this is part of EV Project. I suppose the fact that SF is not part of EVP is not news ...

Yes, most know that. So why is A key city like SF not part of the project while cities like Phoenix are? It is even funnier to see the Nissan CEO with the Sf mayor saying how SF will be a key player in the Leaf project and EV roll out.

EVDRIVER said:
Yes, most know that. So why is A key city like SF not part of the project while cities like Phoenix are? It is even funnier to see the Nissan CEO with the Sf mayor saying how SF will be a key player in the Leaf project and EV roll out.

We have been through this once. Anyway, here is my take.

They wanted one city in each state. In CA - SanDiego was chosen because that is Nissan's home base. In some states they chose multiple cities to get enough people for the project (AZ, OR, TN). In CA they expanded to LA later as they got more money.

Back