Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to start a gathering monthly(?) in the Athens, GA area. Maybe parking lot of a coffee house (Panera Bread, Two-story coffee, etc)
Ideas?

Purpose would be to meet each other, support EV stuff, and maybe, let public passersby see the cars.

Ted

bronsonb said:
Daniel is correct...you can roll over the GA rebate for up to five years. Thanks for correcting me there! It's the federal rebate that cannot be rolled over (but with the lease, Nissan gives that to you as a capital cost reduction).

GA state just ignored my leftover $2200 from last year and left me with this additional liability (got $1K back instead of expected $3K+). I'm really mad but I had it done (correctly) through H&R Block just like last year and it will probably take a phone call or two to the revenue department. But it's not cool at all.

tstaton said:
I am looking to start a gathering monthly(?) in the Athens, GA area. Maybe parking lot of a coffee house (Panera Bread, Two-story coffee, etc)
Ideas?

Purpose would be to meet each other, support EV stuff, and maybe, let public passersby see the cars.
I might be able to make it sometimes if it is near someplace I can charge. The Waffle House across from Nissan isn't very high profile, though. ;)

Edit: Here's and event for you! Georgia Alternative Fuel Vehicle Roadshow - 6/3/13 ATHENS Classic Center. The Roadshow will continue in Atlanta on the 4th.

nogajim said:
tstaton said:
Ideas?

I might be able to make it sometimes if it is near someplace I can charge. The Waffle House across from Nissan isn't very high profile, though. ;)

Edit: Here's and event for you! Georgia Alternative Fuel Vehicle Roadshow - 6/3/13 ATHENS Classic Center. The Roadshow will continue in Atlanta on the 4th.

Where would you be coming from nogajim? I was kind of thinking that the Panera Bread place on Atlanta Hwy (near Honda) would be right between Nissan and the Georgia Power building on Prince Ave (yes, Ga Pwr seems to have backed off the "don't charge" stance after Nissan here reminded them that they are supposed to be EV friendly. Was told it is now a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of thing - especially after their hours.

Thanks for the reminder on the AF roadshow - I hope to attend.

Ted

getabetterpic said:
sonnylax said:
So it's a $5k Tax Credit, assuming you have at least $5K in GA Tax Liability for the Fiscal Year. Regardless of what money is withheld OR what ever GA Tax Credits you are entitled too?

Almost. It is a $5k tax credit, assuming you have $5k in GA tax liability WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS. This credit CAN be carried over for up to 5 years. And the second part is correct, this is regardiless of what money is withheld or other credits (as long as those other credits don't take your tax liability to $0).

EDIT:

I wanted to clarify this a bit. Say you have $2,400 in GA tax liability this year, so you want to use the credit. So you could use $2,400 of it this year, leaving a $2,600 carryover. Now suppose you still had $2,400 in tax liability in year 2. The $2,600 you didn't use the previous year can be applied to this, reducing your tax liability in year 2 to $0 again. In year 3, you again have $2,400 in tax liability, but there is $200 of the credit you still haven't used. This can be applied in year 3, bringing the tax liability down to $2,200.

So as long as you will have $5,000 in tax liability in the next 5 years, you should be able to use the entire tax credit.

I'm completing my ZEV Tax Credit paperwork now for State of Georgia and it's asking for a bill of sale. Do we submit a copy of the lease docs, if we didn't purchase?

tstaton said:
nogajim said:
tstaton said:
Ideas?

Where would you be coming from nogajim? I was kind of thinking that the Panera Bread place on Atlanta Hwy (near Honda) would be right between Nissan and the Georgia Power building on Prince Ave (yes, Ga Pwr seems to have backed off the "don't charge" stance after Nissan here reminded them that they are supposed to be EV friendly. Was told it is now a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of thing - especially after their hours.

Thanks for the reminder on the AF roadshow - I hope to attend.

Ted
I would be coming from Lawrenceville. If I stick on Atlanta Hwy I might be able to pull it off. And I could hit Nissan there or Walgreens here if I was coming up short. Don't work around me, but keep me posted.
Jim

sonnylax said:
I'm completing my ZEV Tax Credit paperwork now for State of Georgia and it's asking for a bill of sale. Do we submit a copy of the lease docs, if we didn't purchase?

Yes, the lease agreement will be what you need. I think on mine, I used a highlighter to note the capitalized cost (which was above $25K) to make sure the GA guy (James Udi) knew I qualified for the full 20% ($5,000).

I am sure you heard somewhere else too, but make sure you submit a COLOR copy of the ZEV form. They will not accept B&W copies.

Good luck!

Ted[/quote]
I would be coming from Lawrenceville. If I stick on Atlanta Hwy I might be able to pull it off. And I could hit Nissan there or Walgreens here if I was coming up short. Don't work around me, but keep me posted.
Jim[/quote]
Thanks, Jim, I was in your area today. Went from East Athens to Buford (West Marine) and back. Got a boost from the Walgreens at Ga 20 and Old Peachtree (?).
You bring up a very good point as to a gathering. I just want a fun thing, but... charging on site would be a BIG help. I am hoping to make one or more of the EV South meetings at Manuels (with chargers). I am going further out each day (I guess like a bird leaving the nest :) ) I will keep you posted.
Ted

tstaton said:
Thanks, Jim, I was in your area today. Went from East Athens to Buford (West Marine) and back. Got a boost from the Walgreens at Ga 20 and Old Peachtree (?).
You bring up a very good point as to a gathering. I just want a fun thing, but... charging on site would be a BIG help. I am hoping to make one or more of the EV South meetings at Manuels (with chargers). I am going further out each day (I guess like a bird leaving the nest :) ) I will keep you posted.
Ted
I think Panera will work for me and I imagine most people won't be coming that far. Showing off is important!

Getting a charging spot at Manuel's has worked pretty well so far. I can limp home without a charge, but an hour is a big help. I have offered to get off after an hour, but no one has taken me up on it yet. Another spot no too far off 316 on your way home is the Kroger on GA20:
http://www.recargo.com/sites/7185 . It will be even nicer when they get the overpass done.

nogajim said:
tstaton said:
Ted
I think Panera will work for me and I imagine most people won't be coming that far. Showing off is important!

Getting a charging spot at Manuel's has worked pretty well so far. I can limp home without a charge, but an hour is a big help. I have offered to get off after an hour, but no one has taken me up on it yet. Another spot no too far off 316 on your way home is the Kroger on GA20:
http://www.recargo.com/sites/7185 . It will be even nicer when they get the overpass done.
Thanks again, Jim. I came to your area again yesterday (see the EV South facebook for my trip report). I drove passed Panera and the parking lot was jam packed - maybe too much for a gathering - however, I have been thinking 3 o'clock on some Sunday - maybe not a super busy time for them. I just want to park near each other in the parking lot , etc. I need to do more research as to where, when, if?

Thanks for the Manuel's report - I want to try going. Also thanks for the Kroger tip - I was unaware that "Regency Center" or whatever the name, is a Kroger shopping area. I thought from the name it was some sort of private convention center or hotel that would not welcome visitors - thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Walgreens at Ga20 and Old Peachtree is very pleasant. The people are friendly and welcoming. Clean restroom. I always buy stuff to say "thanks". I always try to thank the management for letting me charge and for providing the service. The Walgreens over at 124? and Old P'tree? - not so good. I thought I saw a EVSE out back - was not. The man in the store ate sour grapes for breakfast. The restroom is on a code access lock. I was out of there. How can two Walgreens about 3 miles apart be so different? I really like the first one I mentioned.
Ted

tstaton said:
nogajim said:
tstaton said:
Ted

Thanks again, Jim. I came to your area again yesterday (see the EV South facebook for my trip report). I drove passed Panera and the parking lot was jam packed - maybe too much for a gathering - however, I have been thinking 3 o'clock on some Sunday - maybe not a super busy time for them. I just want to park near each other in the parking lot , etc. I need to do more research as to where, when, if?

Thanks for the Manuel's report - I want to try going. Also thanks for the Kroger tip - I was unaware that "Regency Center" or whatever the name, is a Kroger shopping area. I thought from the name it was some sort of private convention center or hotel that would not welcome visitors - thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Walgreens at Ga20 and Old Peachtree is very pleasant. The people are friendly and welcoming. Clean restroom. I always buy stuff to say "thanks". I always try to thank the management for letting me charge and for providing the service. The Walgreens over at 124? and Old P'tree? - not so good. I thought I saw a EVSE out back - was not. The man in the store ate sour grapes for breakfast. The restroom is on a code access lock. I was out of there. How can two Walgreens about 3 miles apart be so different? I really like the first one I mentioned.
Ted

A note to Walgreen's Corporate might be in order. See what their reply is and let us know.

Great that you make a point to complement good service and attitude when you experience it. Something I have been doing for so long I'm conditioned to it and feel like I'm out without my pants on when I don't!

Ted[/quote]

Greengate said:
A note to Walgreen's Corporate might be in order. See what their reply is and let us know.

Great that you make a point to complement good service and attitude when you experience it. Something I have been doing for so long I'm conditioned to it and feel like I'm out without my pants on when I don't!

Thanks, Greengate - speaking of Walgreen Corporate: any hints as to how to help local Walgreens get the word that they can do EVSE's? Local managers say, "Great, have not heard of this. I like it". Seems Walgreens is slowly working out from Atlanta (60-100 miles west of us) with the charging facilites. I have been doing word of mouth with local managers. I often get the feeling the managers are "being polite" to me, but not really interested. Suggestions?
Ted

tstaton said:
Ted

Greengate said:

Thanks, Greengate - speaking of Walgreen Corporate: any hints as to how to help local Walgreens get the word that they can do EVSE's? Local managers say, "Great, have not heard of this. I like it". Seems Walgreens is slowly working out from Atlanta (60-100 miles west of us) with the charging facilites. I have been doing word of mouth with local managers. I often get the feeling the managers are "being polite" to me, but not really interested. Suggestions?
Ted[/quote]

I don't know their corporate structure, perhaps it is managed at the local level or district level. Guess you would have to chat one of the managers up to get more direction.

I'm not a fan of Walgreens. The one near me charges $2 per hour for a level 2 connection. (there are several free ones within a mile or so,) and what kind of place has a doctors office at one end of the store and a cigarette vendor at the other end?

But I encourage you to follow your passion!!

toasty said:
Anyone know if our 2011 leafs will require emissions testing soon? (in ga)

I am guessing that since it's classified as "EV" that there won't be any testing required. There's no tailpipe to stick the thingy in anyway. I guess they could, feasibly, hook it up to the computer to determine it's not generating any emissions, but I would hope the state has figured that out.

But then again, we are talking about the government here, eh?

toasty said:
you go for the emissions testing after redeeming the coupon the dealer sent you for the free oil change!

all kidding aside, do you mean a safety or equipment inspection?

bronsonb said:
toasty said:

I am guessing that since it's classified as "EV" that there won't be any testing required. There's no tailpipe to stick the thingy in anyway. I guess they could, feasibly, hook it up to the computer to determine it's not generating any emissions, but I would hope the state has figured that out.

But then again, we are talking about the government here, eh?

yes, we are.

Some person at the County tag office will probably mandate an emissions test certificate in order to renew the registration on the vehicle.

New charger in Watkinsville (Athens area). Had great lunch at Kumquat Mae Bakery and Cafe on Barnett Shoals Rd at Main St. The Zero Emissions charger L-2 was installed yesterday. The Cafe owner begged me to try it out. I works great. They got pictures. friendly crew. Alfred, the Leaf, was embarrassed over the fuss. I ate it up. :)

Hey Everybody,
I am looking to lease either a SV or SL. Stopped by Capitol City Nissan the other day to check out the leaf for the first time!

I would appreciate any feedback on what your lease terms where. Are you guys getting the same SV/ SL lease deals as other parts of the country? Please list the dealer you used and your terms!

Thanks everybody with the help!

Gregg

Hi there! Has anybody charged near or at Six Flags? I can squeak by without charging but wondered if there was even a trickle charge possibility. Thanks!

Back