Aerovironment EVSE install information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dashboard is now open to order my Aerovironment EVSE.

Not sure what I'm doing yet. Still learning about SCE (my utility) and the second meter option and trying to calculate which TOU EV charging rate schedule will be best for me.

I did click through the purchase process to verify that indeed the $100 that I already paid is deducted from the balance due AV to order the EVSE.

Boomer23 said:

Mine too. The assessment tab also changed to "Quote Accepted." Uh, no.

Also, for some reason my quote has shrunk a couple of hundred dollars. I guess they read my survey comments.

I am still not opposed to using AE for the install. But they are going to have to install a submeter and a meter box for the quoted price or I'll pass. I'm thinking of just paying for the install, then handing them the 1 line drawings that my local utility supplied to me (without a $100 fee) showing the submeter installation details that they require for TOU rates when they arrive to put in the EVSE.

Is there any button that says "no thanks, get lost" ?
I fear going in or it might imply approval that I do not give

I am not part of the free install project.

Mine was completed in July and posted in July to read but still says "quote pending". NIce programming.

Mine says "quote ready" on the dashboard and "quote available" on the assessment page. Pretty much the same thing, I guess. I thought I'd look for a way to decline the quote, so I went down to "my documents". It took me a while to figure out anything I could do there. Since I'm the owner and not in an HOA neither of the downloadable docs seemed to be pertinent. Then I realized they apparently wanted me to upload up to five documents:

State Supplement POD (Proof Of D [their box is too short so the name is cut off - maybe Domicile?]
Signed Ts & Cs
Signed Quotes
Property Owner Notice Consent
HOA Community Approval Form

OK, so I have a quote I could download, though I don't see any place on it for a signature, and I'm not sure why they would expect everybody to be able to put in an electronic signature or to convert a paper signed copy to a form we could upload.

Not a problem for me, since I could scan a document and convert it to a PDF, but I wont. What I really wonder is if anybody is likely to comply with all that nonsense, even if they want the charging dock. I can say for sure nobody's going to do all that stuff without at least some instructions.

planet4ever said:
Mine says "quote ready" on the dashboard and "quote available" on the assessment page. Pretty much the same thing, I guess. I thought I'd look for a way to decline the quote, so I went down to "my documents". It took me a while to figure out anything I could do there. Since I'm the owner and not in an HOA neither of the downloadable docs seemed to be pertinent. Then I realized they apparently wanted me to upload up to five documents:

State Supplement POD (Proof Of D [their box is too short so the name is cut off - maybe Domicile?]
Signed Ts & Cs
Signed Quotes
Property Owner Notice Consent
HOA Community Approval Form

OK, so I have a quote I could download, though I don't see any place on it for a signature, and I'm not sure why they would expect everybody to be able to put in an electronic signature or to convert a paper signed copy to a form we could upload.

Not a problem for me, since I could scan a document and convert it to a PDF, but I wont. What I really wonder is if anybody is likely to comply with all that nonsense, even if they want the charging dock. I can say for sure nobody's going to do all that stuff without at least some instructions.

Their system was designed with poor testing. If you ordered already and had them add the waiver afterword then there is no way to sign off on it because it won't show up, only shows before ordering. Brilliant process, I suppose they figured no one would change their mind about getting the EVSE.

Boomer23 said:

Not sure what I'm doing yet. Still learning about SCE (my utility) and the second meter option and trying to calculate which TOU EV charging rate schedule will be best for me.

I did click through the purchase process to verify that indeed the $100 that I already paid is deducted from the balance due AV to order the EVSE.

So I tried to schedule the install. First issue is the credit card info.

'full payment is required to initiate your home charging dock installation. to proceed, please enter your credit card information below. your card will not be charged until the installation of the home charging dock is complete"

I have never had a contractor ask for my credit card information before starting the job. If you look at the California Contractors Licensing site, here are the "Top Ten Tips";

1. Hire only licensed contractors.
2. Check a contractor's license number online at http://www.cslb.ca.gov or by calling (800) 321-CSLB (800) 321-CSLB (2752).
3. Get at least three bids.
4. Get three references from each bidder and review past work in person.

5. Make sure all project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
6. Confirm that the contractor has workers' compensation insurance for employees.
7. Never pay more than 10% down of $1,000, whichever is less. Don't pay in cash.
8. Don't let payments get ahead of the work.
9. Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project, including all payments.
10. Don't make the final payment until you're satisfied with the job.

It seems we have to give up competitive bidding and any financial leverage.

So I press on against my better judgment. Enter everything anyway, and get this message;

"scheduling failure
API Error (CS_ServiceRequest_PUB.Update_ServiceRequest): The value for parameter p_status_id cannot be "NULL"."

A real confidence builder so far I got to say...

I am thinking requiring full up front payment by a contractor may well violate CA state law or CA state contractor's license rules.
I think Home Depot got in trouble for this several years ago.

I called Nissan today as I will not be using AV for anything. And I told them why. I also expressed my dismay that the quote says "approved" when I have not approved anything. In fact I strongly disapprove.

She said the waiver would not work since I have already ordered the car. Issue to be escalated :roll:

Rather dissapointing that Nissan expects us all to just roll over and pay any price for the single choice of overbuilt evse and overpriced install.

smkettner said:
She said the waiver would not work since I have already ordered the car. Issue to be escalated :roll:
Originally I was not concerned about this - I (foolishly) assumed the next step (CARWINGS) would open up when the time is right. Now I'm wondering - do I have to get past the Home Charging Dock section before CARWINGS will open up? If so, then it sounds like I'll need to be escalating with Nissan as well. I'm definitely not going to be doing the Aerovironment EVSE installation. Still on the fence about buying the EVSE only, but that's not an option on the website.

smkettner said:

I also have a waiver in place, because there's a delay in the finalization of the TOU/EV procedure by my local utility. I called and the Nissan people said that since I have a waiver, "nothing else mattered." They said my car is ordered and nothing can be changed. The current quote does not expire until 12/31/10, which may be after the delivery of the first cars.

I personally think they had this button to push prior to the release of the delivery dates and they just pushed it. Some folks will order the charger without complaint, some will complain and get a waiver, and some will have "special circumstances" that need to be escalated.

smkettner said:
I am thinking requiring full up front payment by a contractor may well violate CA state law or CA state contractor's license rules.
I think Home Depot got in trouble for this several years ago.

I called Nissan today as I will not be using AV for anything. And I told them why. I also expressed my dismay that the quote says "approved" when I have not approved anything. In fact I strongly disapprove.

Rather dissapointing that Nissan expects us all to just roll over and pay any price for the single choice of overbuilt evse and overpriced install.

So are you now saying that Nissan will force you to buy the AV install if you already ordered the car but do not have a waiver yet???!!! :!: FYI - My quote still just says "Quote ready" and the "it is time to schedule install" box is now open.

Tronz, that is what mine said last night. Today the quote says "approved"

I did click the schedule option (looking for an out) until I got to the credit card.
This may have triggerd approved but I have no idea. I don't like it so I called.

smkettner said:
I did click the schedule option (looking for an out) until I got to the credit card.
This may have triggerd approved but I have no idea.

I clicked through too. The dashboard looks so much better with three check marks. That must be what did it. Anyone else?

Usually, if you got a quote that you did not want to "accept", you could just ignore it.

Apparently, there is no "reject" button, or "too expensive, try again" button (to let AV take the next action). However some have reported asking Nissan CS (or AV directly) for an "improved" quote, and received a somewhat lower quote.

If it says "accepted" when you did NOT accept the "offer", Nissan should fix the verbage (or the bug).

Since I ordered without an AV assessment (I got the waiver "enabled" on my account), I do not know what happens in the Ordering process when Nissan asks about how you "want" to pay for your AV EVSE & Install.

Clippy said:
smkettner said:

I also have a waiver in place, because there's a delay in the finalization of the TOU/EV procedure by my local utility. I called and the Nissan people said that since I have a waiver, "nothing else mattered." They said my car is ordered and nothing can be changed. The current quote does not expire until 12/31/10, which may be after the delivery of the first cars.

I personally think they had this button to push prior to the release of the delivery dates and they just pushed it. Some folks will order the charger without complaint, some will complain and get a waiver, and some will have "special circumstances" that need to be escalated.

Bad news, AV is not selling any chargers this year whatsoever to any Leaf buyers, I confirmed this again today and I can with 100% certainty assure everyone this is an absolute fact!

EVDRIVER said:
Bad news, AV is not selling any chargers this year whatsoever to any Leaf buyers, I confirmed this again today and I can with 100% certainty assure everyone this is an absolute fact!

AV never said they would provide a charger by the end of the year.

palmermd said:
EVDRIVER said:

AV never said they would provide a charger by the end of the year.

I knew I could count on you for figuring that one out, takes an EV owner to get it right:) You just won a cigarette plug battery booster for your Leaf that adds 1" of range. Congrats!

Back