Leafs in Utah

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unosaxum said:
Hello all!

I'm now a proud owner of a new Nissan Leaf SL in red. Got it from Ken Garff in SLC.
Why did I go 100% electric on my new car? Um, less fuel/maintenance costs mainly, that and red burn days affecting my asthma.
I live in the Sugar house/Liberty park area and it's only 4.5 miles to my work one way, and the rest of my points of destination are well within the range of a full battery.

I didn't purchase a 240v charging station when I bought the car because my house is old Tube and wire and needs some extra TLC and effort to get a power line out to our driveway. :idea:
for me the charging station is going to have to endure the Utah weather no garage or carport, any suggestions as to what brand/model has worked for you, and who did the installation?

Congrats on the new car! Were you by chanced parked next to my i-MiEV at the Sugarhouse Fresh Market this morning? :)

nsps said:
Unosaxum said:
Hello all!

I'm now a proud owner of a new Nissan Leaf SL in red. Got it from Ken Garff in SLC.
Why did I go 100% electric on my new car? Um, less fuel/maintenance costs mainly, that and red burn days affecting my asthma.
I live in the Sugar house/Liberty park area and it's only 4.5 miles to my work one way, and the rest of my points of destination are well within the range of a full battery.

I didn't purchase a 240v charging station when I bought the car because my house is old Tube and wire and needs some extra TLC and effort to get a power line out to our driveway. :idea:
for me the charging station is going to have to endure the Utah weather no garage or carport, any suggestions as to what brand/model has worked for you, and who did the installation?

Congrats on the new car! Were you by chanced parked next to my i-MiEV at the Sugarhouse Fresh Market this morning? :)

Yes. :D My roommate had run to the store and said he parked be another electric car.

Just got my second LEAF yesterday! I opted for the basic S model, worked with Josh from Tim Dahle dealership (State and 45th South). He is their LEAF expert, sells 15+ LEAFs per month, and owns two LEAFs himself. Also talked my friend into buying his first LEAF from Josh as well. Taking another friend down there for a test drive tomorrow. Now if we could just get more charge stations around the state!

It sounds like the Division of Air Quality in Utah just purchased a couple of LEAF's

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=25651320&nid=148&title=state-now-purchasing-zero-emission-electric-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KJD said:
It sounds like the Division of Air Quality in Utah just purchased a couple of LEAF's

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=25651320&nid=148&title=state-now-purchasing-zero-emission-electric-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool I've had people telling me this all day, and asking if I still love my car. I say "Yes, wanna ride?"
I also noticed some of the shots were taken of the air sampling station at the Hawthorne Elementary school on 17th S and 700 E. That's my hood.

It was nice to come out of the slc terminal this afternoon and spot a red leaf in the pickup lane. The thumbs up was from some Florida leafers.

I asked hertz if they had any electric cars at that location. It was like I asked for a unicorn.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/utah-looks-industry-pollution-cuts-162426642.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are searching for additional measures they can adopt, and now the focus is on industry, although it produces only a small fraction of urban pollution. More than half of Utah's toxic air comes from tailpipe emissions that get trapped in mountain valleys, usually during the dead of winter.

So if industry is only a small fraction of the problem, why is it their focus?

Well, I guess I am trendsetter, go me! I'd sure love a little backing when pushing for charging stations though...

For what its worth, I'll be supportive. I live in Salt Lake and want to take my Leaf up to Logan to visit friends, do some shopping. I'd probably have to stop off at Brigham City to charge enough to get through the canyon, then charge again somewhere close to the canyon to return home again.

My i-MiEV, along with myself, mumbling awkwardly, were featured on this KUTV story last night. (It's worth noting that the Nissan dealerships have had the rapid chargers for a few months, so the story isn't quite accurate.)

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_10440.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nsps said:
My i-MiEV, along with myself, mumbling awkwardly, were featured on this KUTV story last night. (It's worth noting that the Nissan dealerships have had the rapid chargers for a few months, so the story isn't quite accurate.)
http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_10440.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey man way to go. Thanks for posting the link for this.

The great thing about this location is that we can use it 24x7. That is not the case with the dealership locations.

KJD said:
nsps said:
Hey man way to go. Thanks for posting the link for this.

The great thing about this location is that we can use it 24x7. That is not the case with the dealership locations.

At least some of them (Garff downtown) are accessible after hours. Of course, those quick charge cables are short, so if someone threw a vehicle in the spot before going home, you're kind of screwed.

Just leased a 2015 S w/ quickcharge. For anyone finding this thread in the future, I commute from South Ogden to work (where we have a L2 charger) in West Valley City. I could make it there and back with one charge (37.5 miles one way), but haven't been brave enough to try. So, I just charge at work, and do like a couple hours of trickle charge at home just in case, or stop at the L3 at the Nissan place in Riverdale.

Must be nice to have an employer who does something good for the employees.

How many charge stations do they have?

Back