Two Years, 76,000 miles, 12 bars and 232 GID (now 11 bars)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you are down to 11 bars, it might be good to call Nissan Customer Service and ask them how much a new battery pack is going to cost.

When they start giving you the song and dance routine, tell them you want to talk to Andy Palmer.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=253595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually Nikki has been in contact with me. She put the article out before I dropped to 11 bars. I am a bit surprised that it was picked up by someone else but at least they referenced the story.

We didn't talk about things like we did last time. This was just a few observations and concerns that I sent to her and she built the story from that. Should be another one in a few months at 100K.

Like many others, I am looking forward to replacement battery cost information, if for nothing else than to know how much that option will cost.

sorry to hear about you losing that first bar but I guess it had to happen sooner or later. either way, the data your car provides will be instrumental in helping others know what to expect down the line.

now next order of business in getting more fast chargers installed in the right places. keep hearing rumors of putting one in the Hawk's Prairie area which might be a bit more convenient for your commute than Tumwater.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Actually Nikki has been in contact with me. She put the article out before I dropped to 11 bars. I am a bit surprised that it was picked up by someone else but at least they referenced the story.

We didn't talk about things like we did last time. This was just a few observations and concerns that I sent to her and she built the story from that. Should be another one in a few months at 100K.

Like many others, I am looking forward to replacement battery cost information, if for nothing else than to know how much that option will cost.

Here is the original article from Nikki:

http://www.plugincars.com/after-2-years-78000-miles-high-mileage-2011-nissan-leaf-127387.html

Cheers,

Jonathan

Steve,

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you own the most famous leaf in the word. I think you have over taken Grundy for this title. Seems when I do searches on Google for "nissan leaf" an article about yours comes up on the first page or two. I think it will be even more famous and widely covered when you reach 100,000 miles. I hope this new found fame does not go to head and you start driving around like Amanda Bynes.

Just a small request, do you think you could post your total mileage in your signature area and update it from time to time?
Also how much longer do you reckon you will continue driving it for?

TaylorSFGuy said:
... tires are getting worn. No point in doing rotation at this point. Expect to change them out at the end of the summer.
Had to replace the power window switch which thanks to FairwoodRed I was able to do myself.
If there is something else I can tell you, let me know.
I'm really impressed with the miles you've gotten on the original tires, considering all the complaints from others about replacement at 20K.
What tire pressure do you use to get 80,000 miles on the original tires?
I recently switched to 40 psi, but some use 44 psi (tirewall max rating), and some have advocated 50 psig (which seems awfully high).

Why did you replace the switch yourself, when dealer should have done under warranty at no cost?
From reading other posts I gather the dealer you use has excellent LEAF technician, that even provided some interesting printouts.
Did you just want to enjoy changing the switch yourself?

Warranty finished a long time ago. Less than a year after delivery. Tire pressure I will have to check because I don't dingbat (do that) often. My drive is pretty much all freeway. Not sure what that does for tire wear.

I will be replacing tires by end of summer. Will let everyone know how things are going.

Okay, I edited the mistake :lol: .... darn phone.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Warranty finished a long time ago. Less than a year after delivery. Tire pressure I will have to check because I don't dingbat often. My drive is pretty much all freeway. Not sure what that does for tire wear.
Thanks Steve. And with the miles you drive, extended warranty wouldn't be cost effective either due to mileage caps. And the only thing that broke was a switch! :D
I think freeway miles at modest speed have much lower tread wear. Cornering is what causes a lot of treadwear. And the wear most people reported was on the edges of the tires.

mwalsh said:
TaylorSFGuy said:
Tire pressure I will have to check because I don't dingbat often.

I seldom dingbat myself. And NEVER around tires. I mean, you never know! :D

Gotta love auto-type! :lol:

That's a bit like the heinous reference autocorrect surprised me with yesterday :lol:

surfingslovak said:
That's a bit like the heinous reference autocorrect surprised me with yesterday :lol:

And Stoaty's "gentile" post from today. All very amusing stuff! At least people, generally, are more forgiving about it these days, realizing it's the stupid device and not the stupid typist. I do try to re-read my posts and emails from iPad and iPhone before sending, just to try and weed out the more obvious errors. Harder on the iPhone's smaller screen. I even know someone that puts an advisory in his emails that spelling errors are the device's mistakes and not his. :D

TaylorSFGuy said:
Okay, I edited the mistake :lol: .... darn phone.

been there, do that almost daily. I am on my 3rd Droid and they do get better with each version. my first one, the voice recognition provided me hours of entertainment. some of the interpretations were absolutely hilarious!

TimLee said:
TaylorSFGuy said:
Warranty finished a long time ago. Less than a year after delivery. Tire pressure I will have to check because I don't dingbat often. My drive is pretty much all freeway. Not sure what that does for tire wear.
Thanks Steve. And with the miles you drive, extended warranty wouldn't be cost effective either due to mileage caps. And the only thing that broke was a switch! :D
I think freeway miles at modest speed have much lower tread wear. Cornering is what causes a lot of treadwear. And the wear most people reported was on the edges of the tires.

Yes, but not just cornering. The most wear with tires comes from city driving with turning and parking. Turning the wheel without moving much really wears out tires the most. Freeway driving with proper inflation wears them the least.

DaveinOlyWA said:
been there, do that almost daily. I am on my 3rd Droid and they do get better with each version. my first one, the voice recognition provided me hours of entertainment. some of the interpretations were absolutely hilarious!

My iPad seems to be getting worse. Or should that be more obnoxious?

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times" (obscure Simpsons reference).

Back