LEAF Photoshop Fun

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Nissan considers making the LEAF in a convertible model, I'm sure it would be a good seller. Not holding my breath for it, but it would be seriously cool.

Is it just me or is the LEAF a prime candidate for aftermarket body kits? I have like ZERO PhotoChop experience but gave a try at grafting the nose of the Lotus Elise Concept onto the LEAF. Its a rough sketch but makes me realize what a "pouty lip" the stock LEAF has.
Eleaf1.jpg

LEAFer said:
NICE, Tronz !!!!! ( I would match the colors a little different, but NICE! )

Thanks. I don't really know Photoshop that well. This was my first try ever at a PhotoChop. Since seeing the nice simple lines of the Elise Concept, I have wondered what it's nose would look like grafted to a LEAF. Maybe someone can coach me on color matching and blending??? Does someone make a book on this stuff?

Neat! Now we just need to replace the wife's name on that front plate ... wouldn't want to think it's all hers :lol: (Yes, I know it came from a Lotus.)

cashu2 said:
Eleaf1color.jpg

Here is a quick match

Thanks cashu2. Nice! Feel free to screw around with it as you like. I did not change the wheels or ride height so there is alot more that could be done to it. I'll have some fun with it as well. PS is a very nice visualization tool. I did not know it was a primary sketching tool for auto designers. Have really only used PS a bit for editing photos I have taken.

TRONZ said:
Is it just me or is the LEAF a prime candidate for aftermarket body kits? I have like ZERO PhotoChop experience but gave a try at grafting the nose of the Lotus Elise Concept onto the LEAF. Its a rough sketch but makes me realize what a "pouty lip" the stock LEAF has.

Pouty? You took a car that was grinning to one that is frowning. Most Japanese cars are smiling, so this is now quite different. I like it by the way, but I bet it will hurt efficiency.

palmermd said:
TRONZ said:

Pouty? You took a car that was grinning to one that is frowning. Most Japanese cars are smiling, so this is now quite different. I like it by the way, but I bet it will hurt efficiency.

Ya, I'm a very visual person and have a deep respect for the Japanese aesthetic. Their car designers are usually obsessed with "cute" most of the time though. The LEAF has a very pleasant, reserved, polite (female) face with very pursed lips (so as NOT to show any teeth which is a big No-No in Japan). Euro and American designers like things a bit more menacing so I'm going for a more "butched" up version just 4 fun. I really want to see the Euro/UK Spec LEAF as I bet it will have a more "Hot Hatch" appearance compared to the US model.

They need to make a green one!

:? Someone take this thing away from me so I stop tinkering with it. Bonus points if you can guess where the side skirt and wheels come from....

ELeaf%20110510f.jpg

Heh - I like it with the Elise bumper - now see if you can reduce the grill area to reduce drag - no engine to cool under the hood. :)

TRONZ said:
:? Someone take this thing away from me so I stop tinkering with it. Bonus points if you can guess where the side skirt and wheels come from....

TRONZ, you gotta get together with someone and design one for SEMA next year. My suggestion would be Fireball Tim Laurence:

http://www.facebook.com/fireball.tim

TRONZ said:
Bonus points if you can guess where the side skirt and wheels come from....

Where do I claim my prize?

honda-prototype.jpg

(Honda FC Sport prototype.)

Tronz, good stuff! You are really good for being a beginner. I like the sharper lines that the Lotus bumper brings. I am looking to make the car look a little more edgy while preserving or enhancing efficiency. I emailed a few people that do body kits and carbon fiber work to give them a heads up to this thread.

Things I am looking into at the moment include:
-Body kits, CF hood
-What size wheels/tires will fit. A 225/40/18 or 225/45/17 will maintain the 25" overall diameter but I'm not sure if they will create rubbing issues with a mild 1-1.5" drop. searching for LRR tires in those sizes. A 215/45/17 could work too but is a slightly smaller OD at 24.7. So your speedo will slightly over read.
-suspension upgrades

Back