Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to select the new bafx dongle from within the app. Pair with the phone's Bluetooth setting and then select the obd2 dongle within the app.

My mini elm sometimes hangs on "waiting on elm". I either have to exit the program or reset the phone to reestablish the connection.

Re: app not exiting in a timely fashion.

I cleared my application data (8kB), uninstalled the app, reset my Galaxy S2 to factory defaults, sideloaded 0.25, and still had the same symptoms. I have also noticed that I sometimes get a Java error (3703?). I’ll do a full report on that next week when I have a screenshot handy.

I had another owner try my modded adaptor on his LG-L38C running 2.3.6 and he has no troubles. I’m still on the original S2 android version and I’m leaning more and more to an OS upgrade. I’m headed to Yosemite this weekend, so maybe I’ll tackle that middle of next week.

bradbissell said:
You need to select the new bafx dongle from within the app.

That was the one little key I was missing. Works perfect, now. Thanks!

Battery Status: 57.45 AHr, CAP=86.71%

Nice, uniform voltage across the cells: min 3.847; ave 3.858; max 3.865; SOC 36.3% (94 gids)

And, as expected, the battery is very warm, between 89 and 90F.

Turbo3 said:
Version 0.25c and 0.25c-FS are ready for testing up on DropBox.

See if everything still works.

If everything checks out I will release this one to everyone in a couple of days.

Jim
Does version "c" include "Health %" (like beta "b") ?

Turbo3 said:
Yes, "c" includes the Health number that was added in "b".

The key feature of "c" is that simulated gids ('Gids) have been replaced with real gids (Gids).

!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thank you ... Thank you ... Thank you ...

bradbissell said:
Real GIDs via the EV-can or the car-can?
Good question ! And if the answer is "EV-CAN" ... but the ELM327 is not wired to read that bus ... what happens ? Any indication ? Default back to 'GIDs ? ...

How are you calculating real Gids? Or did you find it in the active data somewhere?
Have you updated the temperature calcs for accuracy on the high end?

Turbo3 said:
Gids from CAN but no change to temp conversion.

Version 0.025d (-FS) up for testing.

Who will be the first to find the new information that is displayed on the first screen? (not hard to see)

Jim

Note the code I showed you while back for temp conversion isn't 100% accurate as new data has shown.. the first post in the "Active CAN sampling" thread has the latest raw data conversions though and the latest LeafDD SW incorporates that. If you've found the Gids and other goodies with active sampling, would you care to share? I could update the first post in the thread..

Back