Leaf mods for car guys/gals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPECsux

http://jalopnik.com/nismo-nissan-leaf-is-the-leaf-i-wanted-at-the-drag-stri-577311820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like Nissan has a jdm nismo controller for a nice kick in the pants boost of power, I've seen that overpriced bodykit around (car still looks like a frog). But this is definitely a step in the right the direction. It would be alot cheaper to just remap the controller, lower the car, add 18" wheels, and put carbon fiber splitter and call it a day.

Well... if the body kit on a Leaf is the equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig. A controller remap would probably be the equivalent of putting that same pig on a diet. ;)

That said, I would be very interested to see some numbers before I'm willing to take this pig out on a date. But I'm guessing it would just result in getting to 30mph a little faster since the slow initial ramp up to full power is what the software seems to be retarding. But if this will finally enable the Leaf to do a decent burnout in the dry, then it might be totally worth it.

Drivesolo said:
Well... if the body kit on a Leaf is the equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig. A controller remap would probably be the equivalent of putting that same pig on a diet. ;)

That said, I would be very interested to see some numbers before I'm willing to take this pig out on a date. But I'm guessing it would just result in getting to 30mph a little faster since the slow initial ramp up to full power is what the software seems to be retarding. But if this will finally enable the Leaf to do a decent burnout in the dry, then it might be totally worth it.

http://jalopnik.com/5937395/conclusive-proof-that-the-leaf-doesnt-save-nature" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It certainly eats like a pig! I thought I had traction control on when I tried my first burn out :lol:

Alas, this isn't Burger King.

If you want it your way, and taking styling and performance in any direction you choose, check out EVTV.ME

Nubo said:

If you want it your way, and taking styling and performance in any direction you choose, check out EVTV.ME

I don't think they offer financing, although a step in the right direction.

OPECsux said:
Nubo said:

I don't think they offer financing, although a step in the right direction.

Well, they're not a car company. They show how to build your own, with a primary advantage that you have control over all of the parameters.

I've got a question for the 2013 Leaf owners; I've got an '11 which has the electronically controlled parking brake (I absolutely hate it!). Does the '13 have the traditional lever parking brake? If so, can it be used to make a burnout possible?

Drivesolo said:
Does the '13 have the traditional lever parking brake? If so, can it be used to make a burnout possible?
Yes, but it's a pedal brake now. Probably not that much better for what you had in mind.

Back