San Francisco Bay Area Quick Chargers Getting them sooner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The City of Petaluma has added a new BLINK QC near the downtown area at Lakeville Hwy and D Street. It was operational when I spotted it last week. It is located at the train depot for the future SMART train.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/9238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.recargo.com/sites/7996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I just used this charger off San Antonio Rd in Palo Alto. It was free. One other Leaf was there. The family was playing on Intuit's shop bicycles. I had 50% charge and it went to 80% in about 10 minutes. Easy drive from the freeway. The Charger is visible from Garcia Rd. One QC is down but the other worked. You need a Blink card but if you don't have one you can log in with a cell phone. Lawrence Rhodes........

"[Santa Clara] will be installing one EV Fast Charger at the Central Park Library as well as one EV Fast Charger and three Level II chargers at the Santa Clara Convention Center parking garage. These installations will be completed in spring 2013"
seen on https://siliconvalleypower.com/index.aspx?page=2377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually I have charged a few times at the Central Park Library DCFC already. While they are waiting for new EV signage, they have deployed orange traffic cones to keep the spots open.

The convention center is across the street from Great America and the new 49ers stadium.

Just adding another convenient QC location in South San Francisco. This was originally reported by another Leaf owner in another thread here on this forum.

It's a Blink QC at 280 E. Grand Ave, South San Francisco.

This location is super convenient for anyone going to SFO airport and need a QC to move on or get home after a trip and leaving your car parked in long term parking. The SFO multi-storey long term parking building does NOT even have L2. They only supply a 120V outlet for you to plug in on the 1st level near the elevators. There may be more in the upper levels but I didn't get an oppty to check.

Again, this QC opens up the option for a quick charge if you didn't get an chance to do the 120V L1 overnight charge in long term parking.

There's now at least one Blink QC in Pleasanton, possibly two (yay!) if the Blink map is to be believed. It's at Simpson Strong-Tie, on W. Las Positas Blvd. off of the Hopyard exit from I-580.

GRA said:
There's now at least one Blink QC in Pleasanton, possibly two (yay!) if the Blink map is to be believed. It's at Simpson Strong-Tie, on W. Las Positas Blvd. off of the Hopyard exit from I-580.

Recargo has a photo. It looks like there may be two L2s and one two-plug blink DC.

GRA said:
edatoakrun said:
<snip>
BTW- I just noticed A Pleasanton DC, near the critical 580/680 junction, is now up and running, 24/7.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/10376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It wasn't mapped there just a week ago, when I was trying to plan a route to the last BayLEAFs meeting.
It's showing on the Blink Map now, but San Ramon has disappeared. The best part is that it shows as 4 ports, i.e. two chargers. Can anyone confirm that there are in fact two QCs (4 ports) there? Maybe Blink has finally realized that, when all else fails, they can try listening to their customers.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8938&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When a Blink DC is (known to be) down, it disappears from their map. Maybe that's why San Ramon is not showing up.

Also, new very convenient Blink DCFC at 2170 West Bayshore Rd. Palo Alto at Embarcadero & 101, ~100 ft from exit and right next to a brand new up scale grocery store - Fresh Market. Not yet on Blink map, but now fully functional & Plugshare shows it.

So thanks Blink, I think we've got that 30 mi stretch of 101 covered now...

EricBayArea said:
I'd say the peninsula is sufficiently covered. Time for the Berkeley to San Leandro corridor and 680!

Too bad Gilroy and the stretch down to Monterey isn't covered.

Looks like I would still have to rent a car to get down to Monterey Bay Aquarium.

I got to test a new QC station in Daly City Ca. It delivered about 106 amps during peak charging at the beginning of the session then tapered down. Simple to use UI. Great location in the Westlake shopping mall.

News services of NRG eVGO sent:
I’m writing with the exciting news that eVgo’s first Freedom Station in the California region is now energized and ready to charge your EV! The Freedom Station is located at 247 Lake Merced Blvd Daly City, CA 94015, on the ground floor of the covered parking garage next to Home Depot

This is the first of 200 Freedom Stations eVgo in California. Each Freedom Station includes a Direct Current (DC) Fast Charger and a 240V "Level 2" charger (the DC Fast Charger’s power is 44kW, and it is capable of charging your ChadeMO electric vehicle at a rate of up to 150 mph, or approximately 2 miles per minute). You are cordially invited to become a Test Pilot as we roll out the Daly City location and other Freedom Stations.

DannyAmes said:
I got to test a new QC station in Daly City Ca. It delivered about 106 amps during peak charging at the beginning of the session then tapered down. Simple to use UI. Great location in the Westlake shopping mall.

I’m writing with the exciting news that eVgo’s first Freedom Station in the California region is now energized and ready to charge your EV! The Freedom Station is located at 247 Lake Merced Blvd Daly City, CA 94015, on the ground floor of the covered parking garage next to Home Depot

This is the first of 200 Freedom Stations eVgo in California. Each Freedom Station includes a Direct Current (DC) Fast Charger and a 240V "Level 2" charger (the DC Fast Charger’s power is 44kW, and it is capable of charging your ChadeMO electric vehicle at a rate of up to 150 mph, or approximately 2 miles per minute). You are cordially invited to become a Test Pilot as we roll out the Daly City location and other Freedom Stations.

Did they mention price? PlugShare lists $9.95 per session (w/o plan) which is going to make the $5 Blink QC session rate look real good...

peter said:
DannyAmes said:

Did they mention price? PlugShare lists $9.95 per session (w/o plan) which is going to make the $5 Blink QC session rate look real good...

I contacted them about that.
Their is no price set at this time however they will announce an introductory plan soon around July 22nd.

mxp said:
EricBayArea said:
I'd say the peninsula is sufficiently covered. Time for the Berkeley to San Leandro corridor and 680!

Too bad Gilroy and the stretch down to Monterey isn't covered.

Looks like I would still have to rent a car to get down to Monterey Bay Aquarium.
We've been asking for a QC in Gilroy (for other than Tesla S owners) for at least a year now, to enable SF Bay/Monterey Bay trips. Neither Blink or Nissan has deigned to do it. Nissan may have an excuse in that the local dealer isn't interested, but Blink shouldn't have a problem, given the chargers (from two different companies) already located at the Premium Outlets. It looks like we may have to wait on NRG, and I wouldn't count on them either. I can only assume they don't think the revenue is there, because this is an obvious location for QCs, to expand the radius of BEVs for weekend day and overnight trips.

BTW, is the NRG CHAdeMo only, or dual protocol (CHAdeMO/CCS)? I don't think they're required to be dual protocol yet, as no BEV with CCS _installed_ is yet for sale, but they might be getting a head start.

edatoakrun said:
GRA said:

Recargo has a photo. It looks like there may be two L2s and one two-plug blink DC.

GRA said:
edatoakrun said:
<snip>
BTW- I just noticed A Pleasanton DC, near the critical 580/680 junction, is now up and running, 24/7.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/10376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It wasn't mapped there just a week ago, when I was trying to plan a route to the last BayLEAFs meeting.
It's showing on the Blink Map now, but San Ramon has disappeared. The best part is that it shows as 4 ports, i.e. two chargers. Can anyone confirm that there are in fact two QCs (4 ports) there? Maybe Blink has finally realized that, when all else fails, they can try listening to their customers.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8938&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When a Blink DC is (known to be) down, it disappears from their map. Maybe that's why San Ramon is not showing up.
Had some bike errands to run in Pleasanton today, and Simpson was on the way to one of them. 24/7 access, right off the street and about 1.6 miles from 580.There's just one standard Blink double-connector QC, and two L2s a couple of spaces over. I rode completely around the building complex and didn't see any signs of preliminary work for another. And right now, neither this or the San Ramon QCs are showing on the Blink map, although someone used the QC on Friday. The big screen was working when I rode by, but I had no way to try using the charger.

Does anyone know if the Nissan Serramonte (650 Serramonte Blvd, Colma) QC is now operational?

I can't seem to find anyone here on the forum report on charging at this Nissan dealer. Are they friendly, and offer the QC to all Leaf owners?

Thanks!

mxp said:
...Nissan Serramonte ... Are they friendly, and offer the QC to all Leaf owners?

Thanks!
Yes and yes, as of ~ a month ago.

Ask for fob, check biz hours in advance, like most Nissan DCs.

Since it's "free", and well-located (first and last stop on the Peninsula and points south for me, from/to Petaluma/Santa Rosa DC's) I expect waits will soon be common, with the rapidly rising numbers of Bay Area LEAFs.

edatoakrun said:
mxp said:
...Nissan Serramonte ... Are they friendly, and offer the QC to all Leaf owners?

Thanks!
Yes and yes, as of ~ a month ago.

Ask for fob, check biz hours in advance, like most Nissan DCs.

Since it's "free", and well-located (first and last stop on the Peninsula and points south for me, from/to Petaluma/Santa Rosa DC's) I expect waits will soon be common, with the rapidly rising numbers of Bay Area LEAFs.

Got it. Thanks for confirming Serramonte QC being online.

Supposedly (see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11426&p=329307#p329307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

a dual-capable (CHAdeMo/CCS) eVgo Freedom station in Fremont at Whole Foods. Listed on Plugshare, but not on the eVgo map.

Edit: Apparently just standard CHAdeMO/J1772.

Another DC in Napa.

Good news, if you can't make it to the Calistoga DC by closing time...4:00, IIRC?

Seeking to attract affluent visitors, the Napa River Inn on Main Street is installing three electric vehicle charging stations in the middle of its downtown parking lot, said Sara Brooks, hotel general manager.

This brings to 13 the number of Napa Valley locations where these ultra-green vehicles can refuel.

The three stations include one made exclusively for Nissan Leaf electric vehicles and two other stations that can charge other models such as the Chevy Volt or Tesla.

There’s actually enough charging outlets for five cars total to charge at one time, said Brooks.

The project, estimated to cost between $30,000 to $40,000, includes the three stations plus a 440-volt transformer unit to power them.

“Nissan was looking for a central location in the Napa Valley to put their fast charger unit,” said Brooks. The fast charger is “a powerful unit that can charge the Leaf from empty to full in about 20 minutes,” said Brooks. “It’s pretty nifty.”

The Leaf charger typically costs about $40,000 but in this case, Nissan gave Napa River Inn the unit. “That was amazing,” said Brooks...

http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/cluster-of-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-comes-to-downtown/article_11c305b8-3841-11e3-97f1-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back