Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the Blink map for the Arizona Inn in Tucson, which has 8 chargers. Right now 6 of them are in use, on a Tuesday night in the middle of summer. Is there a Tesla club meeting? That's pretty amazing, but then it's the only hotel in Tucson with chargers so far.

Hey, all you Arizona solar owners/leasers, please write the AZ Corporation Commission to express your displeasure at the changes to net metering here. While they are grandfathering current owners for 20 years as a way to keep us quiet, I think we should all speak up for the future of rooftop solar in our state, as we are the best spot in the country for rooftop.

Fortunately, conservatives are split on the issue, with Barry Goldwater, Jr. leading the charge for rooftop solar, so I think there's a pretty good chance APS will lose, but it's not worth the risk. Every call/letter counts!

jspearman said:
Hey, all you Arizona solar owners/leasers, please write the AZ Corporation Commission to express your displeasure at the changes to net metering here. While they are grandfathering current owners for 20 years as a way to keep us quiet, I think we should all speak up for the future of rooftop solar in our state, as we are the best spot in the country for rooftop.

Fortunately, conservatives are split on the issue, with Barry Goldwater, Jr. leading the charge for rooftop solar, so I think there's a pretty good chance APS will lose, but it's not worth the risk. Every call/letter counts!

+1 jspearman! Well said.

I just got the letter from APS and had the same thought. APS just wants to shut us up. We really have to advocate for solar and keep net metering!

Arizona really needs to be progressive with solar, especially with so much sunshine, not the opposite.

Arizona Corporation Commission
Utilities Division
1200 West Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2996
- or -
400 West Congress, Ste. 218
Tucson, AZ 85701-1347

http://www.azcc.gov/Divisions/Administration/Contact.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/Arizona+solar+power+costs+put+to+Fact+Check/2562526119001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What BS. APS is making up stories so everyone can feel sorry for the "problem" that they want to make more money.

Might have to push up my plans for my off grid system to "stick" it to them. Because you know, they are going to save so much money not having to maintain the grid to my house. :roll:

I have not been here for a while, was there ever a Phx metro Leaf gathering ? Friday I pick up the Leaf with the new battery pack and I will finally be able to drive the car far distances again (120 miles instead of 80)...
Even tho we know what causes the degradation to the battery pack, there is still no way for me to correct the problem 100% ..I may be able to cool the garage down slightly once I get my solar panels up, but other then that I see no correction to the degradation problem ...
I just look forward to another battery replacement in 2 years and then buying another leaf if the same battery replacement program is in place ..

There hasn't really been any gatherings in Phoenix.

how long did it take for them to replace the battery from when you bought it in to file a claim?

Going to a D'backs game just got sweeter when you're driving an EV. We had free parking and charging courtesy of Blink. There are three charging stations on Jackson just across from the 4th St. entrance to the ballpark.

Found an interesting charger at Ray Rd and I-10 in Chandler. It's free and in front of the AMC Theaters, by Pita Jungle. It's two L2 units supplied and supported by Volta. Volta's website shows several stations in Hawaii, but none anywhere else. You just plug in, don't swipe any card or anything. One unit was down, but the other worked fine.

The spots are not clearly marked as EV-only, so they will often get ICE'd.

phxsmiley said:
Found an interesting charger at Ray Rd and I-10 in Chandler. It's free and in front of the AMC Theaters, by Pita Jungle. It's two L2 units supplied and supported by Volta. Volta's website shows several stations in Hawaii, but none anywhere else. You just plug in, don't swipe any card or anything. One unit was down, but the other worked fine.

The spots are not clearly marked as EV-only, so they will often get ICE'd.

Thx for the info. Have you had the PDM sw update?

LEAFfan said:

I don't know what you mean by the PDM sw update. If you mean the P3227 software update, then I did have that done. Waiting about a response from the dealer about my battery replacement - had the test done, they 'faxed' (really?) the results to Nissan, but they said they'd call within a week, which is today.

phxsmiley said:
LEAFfan said:

I don't know what you mean by the PDM sw update. If you mean the P3227 software update, then I did have that done. Waiting about a response from the dealer about my battery replacement - had the test done, they 'faxed' (really?) the results to Nissan, but they said they'd call within a week, which is today.

Power Distribution Module sw update is the P3227. The reason I asked is this is a different EVSE than Blink and I've had no problems charging. Since I haven't had the update, that EVSE may give me problems.

The unit shows up in Plugshare. BTW, the charger is in a great location, as far as things to do. The charger is in a prime location for the AMC Theater, several restaurants including Pita Jungle, Chik-Fil-A, On The Border, Rubios are a short walk. Stores include Best Buy, Barnes and Noble are close.

I didn't try this before my update.

Nissan just called me today to confirm the information about my battery replacement. They opened up a case number for my car. I was approved to have it replaced. They expect the battery to be here by the end of August or first week of September. He commented that they do have a 'handful' of these to replace. That's pretty good timing, as we'll only have a couple of warm months left before Winter hits. Until then, I'll be charging to 100% most days to take care of my commute and day-to-day trips.

BTW, got hooked up with an ELM327 device and the Leaf Battery app - slick!

It shows my AHr rating at 49.46, Capacity = 74.65%. However, my last GID reading was 213 after my Leaf software update

Lost my third bar this morning...almost a year in between #2 and #3. One more year on the lease...hope she holds out that long!

This really irks me. I was in downtown Phoenix tonight to head over to the local craft ale house. It happens to be across from Ecotality. They have 3 charging stations there. I didn't need a charge, but figured I'd plug in because it was across the street from where I was going. Sadly, the 3 EVSE's in Ecotality's own lot were vandalized for copper!

Pics are below. I don't know the solution, but for $5 of copper wire, these charging stations are not functional at the moment.

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

shrink said:
Sadly, the 3 EVSE's in Ecotality's own lot were vandalized for copper!

Pics are below. I don't know the solution, but for $5 of copper wire, these charging stations are not functional at the moment.

That sucks! Maybe video surveillance or alarm built into cable ?

Back