LEAFer's LEAF on GIDs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IraqiInvaderGnr said:
I've got a 13 leaf and I noticed that your Ahr value decreases about every day but mine hasn't changed since I started tracking the Ahr on my leaf. Why is that?

My guess would be that actual AHr reading in your car exceeds what can be reported.

We saw this type of thing with the Gidometers when we first got them - with some car's meters misleadingly stuck at 281 Gids for quite a while (some saw that behavior for a year or more, particularly those in cooler climates).

mwalsh said:
IraqiInvaderGnr said:
I've got a 13 leaf and I noticed that your Ahr value decreases about every day but mine hasn't changed since I started tracking the Ahr on my leaf. Why is that?

My guess would be that actual AHr reading in your car exceeds what can be reported.

We saw this type of thing with the Gidometers when we first got them - with some car's meters misleadingly stuck at 281 Gids for quite a while (some saw that behavior for a year or more, particularly those in cooler climates).
If this is assuming 2013s have high capacity readings, it's not true of my 2013. Capacity percentage is running from a high of 95% to 92%. Generally trending down. I had hoped it was a mistake and trend up but apparently not.

dm33 said:
If this is assuming 2013s have high capacity readings, it's not true of my 2013. Capacity percentage is running from a high of 95% to 92%. Generally trending down. I had hoped it was a mistake and trend up but apparently not.

It wasn't true of my 2011 either. We didn't have the Gidometer way back when I first got the car. But I could tell even without it that I wasn't getting as much range from the first fuel bar as soon as the second week of ownership. When I eventually built out my Gidometer (summer of 2011), I was seeing less than 281 pretty consistently. It wasn't until we hit cooler weather in the fall that I finally saw a 281. And I only saw 281 twice (though I saw a couple of 280s and a few mid-to-high 270s in the interim).

IraqiInvaderGnr said:
I have limited AHr data before the P3227 re-programming. But even then there was a slow downward trend.

The more recent downward trend is in large part due to the post-re-programming "learning" the BMS (Battery Management System) is going thru. But in general, depending on your location (climate), you should see a slow downward trend (or fast if in AZ, etc). Post some screenshots or a table of consistent data points over several days ?

But MWalsh makes a good point. Due to your high SOH and GID reading, it is possible that your values won't adjust until the actual capacity drops below a mathematical value that can be represented by the data stream (based on bit representation). I don't know what the "encoding" actually is, but Turbo3 or GregH might be able to enlighten us. ( 65,536 ... ??? just a total guess)

:)

mwalsh said:
dm33 said:

It wasn't true of my 2011 either. We didn't have the Gidometer way back when I first got the car. But I could tell even without it that I wasn't getting as much range from the first fuel bar as soon as the second week of ownership. When I eventually built out my Gidometer (summer of 2011), I was seeing less than 281 pretty consistently. It wasn't until we hit cooler weather in the fall that I finally saw a 281. And I only saw 281 twice (though I saw a couple of 280s and a few mid-to-high 270s in the interim).
I'm using the android app. Are you supposed to measure GIDS only when 100% charged? Or calculate max from the gid percentage.

We don't usually charge to 100%. But the highest gid count I've ever seen when charged to 100% is 274, on a new 2013.

dm33 said:
I'm using the android app. Are you supposed to measure GIDS only when 100% charged? Or calculate max from the gid percentage.

We don't usually charge to 100%. But the highest gid count I've ever seen when charged to 100% is 274, on a new 2013.
You can record GIDs on either 80% or a full charge. Please don't extrapolate from either reading, as the end result won't be accurate.

dm33 said:

Yes, at fully charged. You might get something of an increase when cooler weather comes again.

Back