I just loss my 4th bar, could there be a 5th loss bar not

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told that the price of a new Leaf battery was down to $10k ..That came from the person in charge of Leafs repairs @ the dealership...
If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask @ the dealership, I will be glad to see if I can get them answered for you next week, when I return the Leaf again for the new battery ..

Im not sure if they did the software update or not but my charged capacity jumped 20 miles or the equivalent -2 bars even tho I still have -4 bars showing ...

Ask them if that $10k number is listed at the parts counter.

That doesn't sound like a number they'd want to advertise, if true explains the leasing scheme.

mark1313 said:
I was told that the price of a new Leaf battery was down to $10k ..That came from the person in charge of Leafs repairs @ the dealership...
If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask @ the dealership, I will be glad to see if I can get them answered for you next week, when I return the Leaf again for the new battery ..

How much is the new battery going to cost you total out of pocket. I hope the answer is zero.

They got the new battery pack in Friday, so it only took 2 days for it to come in from the order date .. Nissan must of known before hand that there were going to be quite a few Leafs going in for battery replacements.. Ill take the Leaf in Wed. for the replacement...

mark1313 said:
They got the new battery pack in Friday, so it only took 2 days for it to come in from the order date .. Nissan must of known before hand that there were going to be quite a few Leafs going in for battery replacements.. Ill take the Leaf in Wed. for the replacement...

That's great Mark! You'll be getting the new 2013 'chemistry-tweaked' battery pack.

LEAFfan said:
surfingslovak said:
LEAFfan said:
2013 'chemistry-tweaked' battery pack.
Has this bit been confirmed?

I believe so. I remember Nissan saying they were going to replace the warranted ones with the latest 2013 pack.
Right, yes, that would make complete sense. Would you know anything about 'chemistry tweaks' aside from what was in the press earlier? I heard someone else mention it the other day, and I'm beginning to wonder if there was something to it.

mark1313 said:
Is the $10k an official price or a guestimate?
Can someone walk in and buy a battery for $10k or is it for warranty work only?
Does it require returning the old battery?

Peoria Nissan put the new battery pack in Wed...... 2 hours to install the battery pack and 8 hours to charge it .... I need to get use to the extended charge time again .. From 3.5 hours back to 5 hours for a full charge ............

When I ask about the exact cost of the battery pack he said it was more of a round-house figure ... I guess Nissan does not even list them for sale yet ...

If your going in for the battery replacement, one day for the inspection and the a 2 day wait for the battery pack delivery and then a one day instillation, 2 hours to install and a 8 hour charge of the battery ...The Nissan repair facility is now open until 9pm ..

mark1313 said:
Peoria Nissan put the new battery pack in Wed...... 2 hours to install the battery pack and 8 hours to charge it .... I need to get use to the extended charge time again .. From 3.5 hours back to 5 hours for a full charge ............

When I ask about the exact cost of the battery pack he said it was more of a round-house figure ... I guess Nissan does not even list them for sale yet ...

If your going in for the battery replacement, one day for the inspection and the a 2 day wait for the battery pack delivery and then a one day instillation, 2 hours to install and a 8 hour charge of the battery
Thanks for the update on this. It's good to know that Nissan has started the 4BL replacements! What's the pre-repair inspection? Did they tell you what they did?

They run a test on the battery pack, that's all I was told ... I would imagine they are just checking to make sure that the battery has loss 4 bars and its not a malfunctioning dash readout ..

Given that you are in AZ, so when do you think you will be visiting them again next?. In about 18 months and another 20K miles, or sooner ?

mark1313 said:
They run a test on the battery pack, that's all I was told ... I would imagine they are just checking to make sure that the battery has loss 4 bars and its not a malfunctioning dash readout ..

Finding out what they did when doing that...now THAT would be interesting information.

mwalsh said:
mark1313 said:

Finding out what they did when doing that...now THAT would be interesting information.
Given it takes a full day, we can reasonably postulate that it involves at least one discharge-charge cycle to see how much energy storage capacity it really has.

Back