Canada : 2013 availability and price

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ataman said:
In that case I am very interested! Which charger is it? Who do I get in touch with?

cheers

I left a message on the Leaf Club website but have not heard back yet. On Monday I'll call my sales guy at Campus to get the phone number. I'll. let you know.

So it turns out that vehicle that I was told that would be here first week of August is not going to be here until late August. Thanks to Campus Nissan!

I phoned and put down a deposit on the one in Nanaimo as well. They just got it yesterday. Everything should be ready for Tuesday and I should be able to drive it to Victoria Nissan in 2013 LEAF and get my deposit back!

cheers

Berlino said:
ataman said:
Picked up my Red SL!

Drove from Nanaimo to Victoria (116km) with posted speed and left 18% charge left!

Congrats. That's quite good considering there's a steep 330 meter climb in the mix.

Congratulations Ataman.

That's a great way to start with your new Leaf. I have to try that trip return to North Saanich using the ferry and Nanaimo has a quick charger right down town. Looking forward to it.

Hi, new to the forum and hopefully a soon-to-be owner in Ontario.

I have a few questions related to price:

- Is there any pricing flexibility at the dealerships in Canada (specifically Ontario), or should I expect MSRP? How about on accessories?
- Are there any factory/dealer incentives in Ontario to be aware of? I've seen some on here mention incentives in Quebec, but has anyone heard or experienced any in Ontario?

Your comments/advice much appreciated.

LetusLeaf said:
- Are there any factory/dealer incentives in Ontario to be aware of? I've seen some on here mention incentives in Quebec, but has anyone heard or experienced any in Ontario?

The same $1500 "Canada" July incentive has been had by posters in QC and in BC, but at least one dealer said that it was good until early August.

Galiano said:
Berlino said:
ataman said:
Picked up my Red SL!

Drove from Nanaimo to Victoria (116km) with posted speed and left 18% charge left!

Congrats. That's quite good considering there's a steep 330 meter climb in the mix.

Congratulations Ataman.

That's a great way to start with your new Leaf. I have to try that trip return to North Saanich using the ferry and Nanaimo has a quick charger right down town. Looking forward to it.

I am going to drive to Comox for the Comox airshow. I plan use the quick charger in Nanaimo. Also the L3 station in Duncan is almost ready.

My first post here. I just bought a 2011 leaf from a dealer in sidney BC called moterized auto direct. It is a lease return from the USA. Price was in the low twenties. I hope this helps.

evken said:
My first post here. I just bought a 2011 leaf from a dealer in sidney BC called moterized auto direct. It is a lease return from the USA. Price was in the low twenties. I hope this helps.

What colour did you get ? I'm not sure how many there are in Sidney / North Saanich but yours might be only the second. I know of a blue one.

Supply seems to be very scarce.

When I picked up my LEAF two days ago, the dealer told me that only 250 vehicles were in the first batch of MY2013's FOR ALL OF CANADA.

The next allotment is supposed to arrive in 5-6 weeks, but many of its cars have already been reserved.

If these are the numbers, it's hard to understand why Nissan is doing this. Unless they don't have the production. The situation seems to be much the same here on the West coast with most dealers only having a few.

Mine arrives today !

Galiano said:
Mine arrives today !

Congrats. Are you picking it up today, or will the dealer have a few days for prep?

If they are holding it for a few days, you may wish to consider asking them to not charge your LEAF to over 80% as part of their prep.

Not sure what the weather is like where you are, but naturally Nissan had to wait until the brief hot season to release the MY2013's in Quebec. My car was charged to 98% when I picked it up Monday, and I assume it was like that under the sun for at least all of the weekend.

The dealer's don't know to baby the batteries like we do.

I got an email from the dealer yesterday saying the car should be ready today so I'm hoping. I don't know when it actually arrived at the dealer or if it has been prepped.

I've had lots of cars over the years but this one has me excited. Other than on the internet I haven't really had a good look at a Leaf and haven't seen a 2013 in person. Weather here has been sunny and about 24 C every day. My charger unit has been shipped and I expect it next week so in the meantime I'll be using 110V. I really need to know more about how to make the battery last longer.

Galiano said:
I really need to know more about how to make the battery last longer.

There's a ton of good info on that available on this forum and the good news is that the battery should like your climate.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battery_Capacity_Loss

From what I understand, a decent number of Quick Chargers (L3) are being installed in BC. Just be careful about using them more than once on hot days, because rapidly cramming that much energy into a battery causes temperatures to rise.

Here's more info on treating the battery lightly for the longest life (although in BC, you're in the best climate!). Quick summary: Mild temps, keep battery in the mid-range (4-8 bars), shallow cycling, slow acceleration/deceleration:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5508&hilit=Stoaty's
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13529&p=308890&hilit=+stoaty#p308890
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12082&start=0#p278498

However, remember it's a car to be used. Even if you never drive it, the batteries will still degrade. Use it and enjoy the smooth, quiet and clean, hydro-powered rocket!

My theory is that when they need to clear out MY2013 inventory in the states to make room for MY2014, they will then flood the Canadian market with MY2013's.

This will come at a time when Quebeckers will be desperate buy because their cash rebate for EV purchases is going way down on January 1st.

Does 2013 SV have rear view camera or no camera at all (SL has the all around view camera)?

aibo said:
Does 2013 SV have rear view camera or no camera at all (SL has the all around view camera)?

The SL sold in Canada has the All-Around camera, because the Canadian SL comes with what is the "premium" option in the USA comprising the Bose stereo and All-Around view.

The MY13 SV doesn't have a rear-view camera. In the USA, you could get it by adding the premium package as an option, but that choice is not offered in Canada.

Back