Power display

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

I'd like to see a raw data display of the Power going into or out of the battery. There is a consumption indicator now, but it seems to only apply to the traction motor. Probably a output from the Motor drive. I'd like an actual current sensor at the battery so it takes all the accessory draws into account. This way i can fine tune my usage of the car to maximize range. It also would be useful to monitor the charging rate.

johnrhansen said:
I'd like to see a raw data display of the Power going into or out of the battery. There is a consumption indicator now, but it seems to only apply to the traction motor. Probably a output from the Motor drive. I'd like an actual current sensor at the battery so it takes all the accessory draws into account. This way i can fine tune my usage of the car to maximize range. It also would be useful to monitor the charging rate.

Feature of the original Gidometer. Probably others too.

The LeafDD devotes the top 1/4 of the main screen to a real time battery current display showing power in one direction and regen in the other. There's also a smaller marker (about 1/8th of the screen) devoted to a battery pack voltage marker.. It updates in real time although for some reason the sample rate on the 2013s is a little slower than the 2011/12s. The current display is sampled plenty fast (by the car). On page 2 you can see the raw current and voltage numbers although probably too small to watch while driving (I wouldn't recommend trying).

Shouldnt need a special meter for it. Should be available for selection on the display. By the way, where does a guy get these meters?

These days, there are a whole bunch available of different types. A few you can Google here are Wattsleft, DDleaf, Lincomatic, Gid Meter, Battery App, and probably some others I have forgotten.
For a long time Gary's Gid Meter was the only game in town and he was the pioneer in this effort...

johnrhansen said:
Shouldnt need a special meter for it. Should be available for selection on the display. By the way, where does a guy get these meters?

Check out my web page http://verobel.net/Leaf2013.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and scroll down to near bottom. There you will see a hand sketch of a better energy usage graph I propose. The idea is that you would program the distance, velocity profile and average temperature and the computer would calculate and plot the distance you could travel and how much energy you would use. You would have 2 sliders to adjust the 2 primary variables: highway speed and temperature.

A one number range display is not much good unless you know what it is based on. If the assumptions are wrong, the range will be wrong.

I would like to see the energy useage display screen moved to the dash . It would replace the square multi screen. I would keep the miles to go number on the top as shown in the energy usage display. I would change the current miles to go on the right imbedded in the bars to reflect SOC in tenths of percent total usable when new or kw hrs remaining. I would put the digital battery temperature in shortened bars making the left and right shortened bars symmetrical.

I like the energy usage cylindrical meters of the energy usage screen much more than the arc of balls at the top.

I would move the cruise control on display up to the head up speedometer and replace the tree.

If having the tree game is deemed necessary put it in place of the energy usage screen on the selectable center console screens.

Back