Tally of people offered free charging stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmjars said:
mwalsh said:
cmjars said:
Los Angeles --offered

See, that's what I don't understand....not an EV project city.

I don't either. When I completed my reservation, 2 day later or so I was offered to fill out a questionnaire about my home, how new, electrical panel... it was long. So I finished it called Nissan and and asked what that was... Nissan said it's to qualify my home for a Free Government Sponsored Home Charger and in that call I asked if Los Angeles was one of the roll out cities for December and she said yes.

Was anyone else offered to fill out the form for a Free Home Charger days after you completed your reservation?

Above is all I know.

I'm in LA too (Van Nuys) did the same thing -they came to my house and gave me ans estimate- and in my case I have to pay ~140 USD out of pocket , the rest is covered by ECOtality Project .
I also filled out that same form. It's a BLINK charger from calling at the brochure they emailed me.

Reserved Leaf on 5/15/10. Completed application same day. Still have "Pending Approval Status" for charger. They say they need to do home assessment because I used my P O Box address on the application. (My community does not receive mail delivery to homes). I have 400 Amp electrical box that is about 5 feet from where the Charger will be installed. Approval should not be a problem. I have been promised that inspection will occur in November. Hopefully all this will not mess up my January order date.

stanley said:
I have 400 Amp electrical box that is about 5 feet from where the Charger will be installed. Approval should not be a problem. I have been promised that inspection will occur in November. Hopefully all this will not mess up my January order date.
Should be plenty of time.

Approved for a free Ecotality Blink charger as well as a free 440v fast charge port on my Leaf here in Portland Oregon.

I live in Knoxville TN. This is my first post. I reserved on 4/20 and ordered on October 20. I have qualified for the free charger.

Offered and accepted free Ecotality Blink charger - Portland Oregon. No word yet when it might actually happen though!
Maybe after they get UL approval?!?

garygid said:
Orange County, CA - not offered
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
From one Gary to another . . . . let me correct that. Anyone wanting to stop by MY pad for a DOUBLY free charge & go . . . . well, feel free! Hey, it's solar . . . so it's REALLY free! That's GOT to kill the oil companies
:lol:
Oh. Wait . . . you mean, free installation. See, I thought this was a "stop by and charge for free" thread.
;)

Back