BC L3 Quick Charge Station Status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
christrit said:
Ahhh there it is... my screen font here at the office is small... =)
I wish they'd hurry up and get them in... On a side note, I did speak to a rep. at the Township of Langley and he
advised me that the one scheduled for the Langley Event Center is scheduled to be in operation by the end of
September... I will update here if I find it open sooner...

Thats great news! I could not find it when I was looking for it in August. Maybe they started the installation! Please do keep us updated!!

I called the number listed but nobody answered.. it was late last night. number is on the picture in plugshare. you can ask if you can use it without smartphone, from what i can tell answer is no. I may be wrong...[/quote]

I have emailed the city of Nanaimo a couple of times regarding the lack of good signage but I can't seem to reach anyone who oversees this charger. Do you have a name / number of someone to contact regarding access to the charger without a smart phone ?

I think the list of level 3 chargers you are updating is really helpful so I hope you continue.

I was out there a couple weeks back around 11pm with a severely low battery (20km) and had to get back to Burnaby...
Google'd and found vague info about the Event Center so took a drive through the lot a couple times (down to 17km) and
decided to make the trek back to Burnaby...

At Hwy 1 & Brunette the distance meter was showing " -- " ... Ended up making it through all the construction slow downs
and back to the Burnaby office... I've had her low before, but this was the most nervous I've been... Reminded me of that
Seinfeld episode with Kramer and the car salesman test drive... =)

Galiano said:
I have emailed the city of Nanaimo a couple of times regarding the lack of good signage but I can't seem to reach anyone who oversees this charger. Do you have a name / number of someone to contact regarding access to the charger without a smart phone ?

I think the list of level 3 chargers you are updating is really helpful so I hope you continue.

I do not have any contact info sorry. I know it is a big pain, I am sure they are going to come up with a better solution but for right now, thats the best they have.

I called the number when I could not stop the charge and again had no answer. I had to hit emergency stop..

I would try on Monday during business hours..

Also, you welcome. I think L3s are very important and its very useful information. If you do drive by locations that I have no info on, please do let me know, take pictures etc. I can not drive around all BC all the time :) I am going to check on Uptown today, hope and meritt next weekend cause i am driving to interior with ICE. I will be Vancouver the week after...

christrit said:
I was out there a couple weeks back around 11pm with a severely low battery (20km) and had to get back to Burnaby...
Google'd and found vague info about the Event Center so took a drive through the lot a couple times (down to 17km) and
decided to make the trek back to Burnaby...

At Hwy 1 & Brunette the distance meter was showing " -- " ... Ended up making it through all the construction slow downs
and back to the Burnaby office... I've had her low before, but this was the most nervous I've been... Reminded me of that
Seinfeld episode with Kramer and the car salesman test drive... =)

You are brave. I would not try to look for anything new under those circumstances! Plugshare is way to go. It has the most reliable info.

More information on 2 DCQC chargers planned for Burnaby.

Location is BCIT, they will be solar powered and solar array construction underway. Charging will be free, no card required, kiosk to assist you, and web interface to make a reservation.

Hope to see more!

Also if anybody is south surrey and check out morgan crossing for a shell station construction, it would be great!

Like I mentioned before, I will check on Hope and Meritt this weekend on may up to Penticton in my ICE car.

Sweet... BCIT would be awesome... =) Can't wait for Hope & Merritt, Want to see if I can push the limit with the Leaf
and get it to Merritt...

christrit said:
Sweet... BCIT would be awesome... =) Can't wait for Hope & Merritt, Want to see if I can push the limit with the Leaf
and get it to Merritt...

That has been discussed and it does not look possible. That being said, when I drive there, I will look for some plugs on the way for emergency use...

Surrey Museum is operational again. that being said, it might be taken offline again.. Official opening is not done yet...

ataman said:
christrit said:
and get it to Merritt...

That has been discussed and it does not look possible. That being said, when I drive there, I will look for some plugs on the way for emergency use...

You don't think it would do it eh? My concern is snowshed hill, but figured with the braking/coasting it would re-charge enough to get into Merritt....
Although that is the risk taker in my talking, probably cuz I have tow trucks at my finger tips "just in-case"... =)

For those looking to use Nanaimo DCQC and maybe other DCQC in BC int he future, you can use your iOS or Android phone. OR if you do not have one of those smartphones, please see instructions below. Nanaimo is using this standard for now, I am not sure if other chargers in BC will also implement greenlots.

Thank you for contacting us. We are just setting up the fast charger network in B.C. and I appreciate your patience while we iron out any hiccups.

After signing up as a user, you can order an RFID token by logging in to http://charge.greenlots.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with your username. Click on 'profile' and 'order RFID' and confirm your mailing address. It costs $5 and you will receive it within 5 business days. You will need to have a positive prepaid credits (stored value) to use RFIDs to charge.

Please let me know how else I can help.

Best regards,
Lin

I confirmed today all BC DCQCs installed by the BC Hydro will use Greenlots app in the future... Next one to require the app will be Duncan.

ataman said:
I confirmed today all BC DCQCs installed by the BC Hydro will use Greenlots app in the future... Next one to require the app will be Duncan.

Any information on the cost to charge if any?

christrit said:
ataman said:

Any information on the cost to charge if any?

Currently free, no info about future rates. I am sure they will start charging at some point.

Back