Ecotality filed for bankrupcy and intent to sell all assets

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone knows anything about this company ? I was hoping a more established company would buy Blink ...

Berlino said:
DarkStar said:
And now we know who's behind Blink Acquisition:

I thought for sure Nissan was going to end up with a piece of the company.

Are the buyers obligated to pay back the loan Nissan made to Ecotality?

I believe Nissan's loan was structured so that they would be the first to be paid back after the auction. The money to pay them back comes from the sale proceeds, not from the new owner on top of what they will already be paying...

Valdemar said:
Oh-oh, spam incoming :( It is probably too late now, but is there anything that can be done to prevent them from leaking personal customer data?
oakwcj said:
I doubt it. It's a service list. Proof of service is required to establish that we received notice of the potential cancellation of our warranties. The court file is a public record.
I don't see how posting private information establishes proof of service. I certainly didn't receive any email from them.

I did write the court assistant to the judge asking and will post if I receive a reply.

Date: Fri, Oct 11, 2013
Subject: question on court filings promoting identity theft
To: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Denk,

I wondered if you could tell me what person and/or law decided to include the names, addresses, and email addresses of all Ecotality customers in their bankruptcy filings? Re CASE NO. 2:13-BK-16126 (RJH), dockets #104 and #171. I realize there are some notice requirements. But should such a release of private customer information have occurred in any other venue, guaranteeing spam attacks and facilitating identity theft, it would have been a scandal with a concerted investigation to determine what security mechanisms failed and how such a breach could be prevented in the future.

This is no different. Some person and/or some law has failed us and put U.S. citizens at risk of fraud, and either judicial oversight needs to improve or a law needs to be amended.

Thank you.

I heard EV Charge America loaned Ecotality 3.7M and will have a significant role in the design of the new Blink units that will replace all the old legacy models. This could be great news for those with troubled units and Western Union accounts.

EVDRIVER said:
I heard EV Charge America loaned Ecotality 3.7M and will have a significant role in the design of the new Blink units that will replace all the old legacy models. This could be great news for those with troubled units and Western Union accounts.

lol. Most people aren't going to remember that whole debacle and get the joke.

NYLEAF said:
EVDRIVER said:

lol. Most people aren't going to remember that whole debacle and get the joke.

There was a debacle?

Hmmm, so one day I may plug in my Blink charger and may not be working because it was shut off permanently ? If that happens, any suggestions for a current Blink owner in Phx Az ... What would be my options in getting another type of L2 charger installed and my Blink removed ?

I still remember my Blink being installed, it was kind like Christmas knowing I now had a miniature fuel source to power a car, no more gas stations .. I was all smiles that day :D, now im kind of sad :cry:

I'm glad to have them gone. They brought in a huge dirty diesel generator charge up all of the cars at Teslive. Such incompetence.

mark1313 said:
What would be my options in getting another type of L2 charger installed and my Blink removed ?
You would be able to pay someone money for another L2 unit, to remove the old one, and to install the new one. Or if all of the Blink units just plug into the wall, you can probably do the last two yourself.

Looks like the subject line in the replies has been edited. Wonder where that started? :lol:

coolfilmaker said:
I'm glad to have them gone. They brought in a huge dirty diesel generator charge up all of the cars at Teslive. Such incompetence.

C'mon, I was there...The cost to get a new electrical service for that kind of power for one weekend would have been huge...You really expected Teslive or Blink to pay for a new electrical service?

Randy said:
coolfilmaker said:
C'mon, I was there...The cost to get a new electrical service for that kind of power for one weekend would have been huge...You really expected Teslive or Blink to pay for a new electrical service?
+1. Generators are the standard method of bringing in large amounts of temporary power.

Nissan did the same thing when driving around for the LEAF tours a few years back when they were doing all the ride-and-drive events. Diesel generator powering QC stations on the back of a diesel truck.

Yep, just pull the two blue connectors inside and it becomes a regular dumb EVSE...

mark1313 said:
Hmmm, so one day I may plug in my Blink charger and may not be working because it was shut off permanently ? If that happens, any suggestions for a current Blink owner in Phx Az ...

Ingineer said:
FYI: At any time they like, they can remotely shut down your Blink EVSE (provided you still have it connected to the internet).

-Phil

hey Phil,
if they do that, how do I reboot it and get it going?

(this assumes i like the current intranet functions -- on/off, set timer -- so i dont want to unplug unless i have to.)

thanking you in advance, i am.

I've figured out how to re-activate the units (with all features) in the event they shut them off. There's no need to release this information unless they do such a thing. The new owners may continue supporting them.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
I've figured out how to re-activate the units (with all features) in the event they shut them off. There's no need to release this information unless they do such a thing. The new owners may continue supporting them.
Releasing the information would certainly help existing owners better understand how the units function and give some openings on modifications that could be performed. ;)

Back