car wings and more

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dweller92

It would have been nice if Nissan had carwings for the S model. I bought the S model, great car just wish I had carwings on it lol. Also seems that my model does not allow me to set the timer for charging or climate control. What I mean is I can set the timer just not what time I want the charger or climate control to turn off or on. Now if i am shopping I can pull up plug the car in and tell it to keep the climate control on and if I am charging I can set it to charge until a time I want it off. but cant not control when they system to turn on.. which sucks big time

There's a lot of things the s doesn't have that I miss.. especially the more efficient heater! Brrr!. I think the only thing to do is live with it and get a sv or sl next time. It would probably be better money wise just to trade it in on an sv because of all of the other things it has... b mode...heater, navigation, carwings...

dweller92 said:
What is b mode?

I drive an s myself, only drove a leaf with b mode on the test drive. It's more aggressive regenerative braking. In our cars we move the shifter again to go into eco, in cars with b mode it goes into b mode and the d turns into a b. when you let off the gas it really slows down fast. you don't need to keep going back and forth between the brake and gas pedals driving in town. I wish I had it.. I really should have paid extra for the sv. I get sick of feathering the brake pedal just enough so it slows down and not too much so that the friction brakes don't come on.

dweller92 said:
It would have been nice if Nissan had carwings for the S model. I bought the S model, great car just wish I had carwings on it lol. Also seems that my model does not allow me to set the timer for charging or climate control. What I mean is I can set the timer just not what time I want the charger or climate control to turn off or on. Now if i am shopping I can pull up plug the car in and tell it to keep the climate control on and if I am charging I can set it to charge until a time I want it off. but cant not control when they system to turn on.. which sucks big time
The whole point of the S model was to strip out some of the bells and whistles of the original LEAFs and lower the price by a lot. I think that Nissan hoped that most people would be enticed by the low price of the S but would eventually buy the SV or SL instead, once they compared features. So far as those extra features go, you get what you pay for and it was your decision to go with the S.

Much as I like the more sophisticated timers on the SV/SL, the feature I would miss most would be cruise control and the 2013 SV/SL feature I would like most is the B mode, since I drive steep hills every time I leave home and it would be very helpful to have for controlling speed on steep descents.

dgpcolorado said:
dweller92 said:
The whole point of the S model was to strip out some of the bells and whistles of the original LEAFs and lower the price by a lot. I think that Nissan hoped that most people would be enticed by the low price of the S but would eventually buy the SV or SL instead, once they compared features. So far as those extra features go, you get what you pay for and it was your decision to go with the S.

Much as I like the more sophisticated timers on the SV/SL, the feature I would miss most would be cruise control and the 2013 SV/SL feature I would like most is the B mode, since I drive steep hills every time I leave home and it would be very helpful to have for controlling speed on steep descents.

I almost drove off with an S (didn't really mind the rest), but the improved heater is what made me jump to SV. I am too old (and too lazy I guess) to NOT use the heater in winter, and the efficiency differential was worth it. Having done that the B mode is pretty nice, and Carwings is "nifty" but the heater was the only must have.

But I would still make sure to get the upgraded charger on the S.

epirali said:
...But I would still make sure to get the upgraded charger on the S.
I suppose that depends on where one lives. There are no charge stations of any kind where I live so the charge package wouldn't be useful. When charging at home I don't care if it takes a couple of hours or twice that. Even with 3.3 kW charging I can add enough charge in about an hour (45 Gids) to make a trip to town and back. Longer trips are always planned in advance, so charging for a few hours is easy.

I don't use the cabin heater much so the heat pump would be of little benefit. On shorter trips of 40 miles or less using the old-style PTC heater works fine and isn't an issue with range. On cold mornings preheating plus the steering wheel heater is usually sufficient and reduces the need for the cabin heater even when I do use it (usually for brief defrosting).

We all have our favorite features, depending on situations and use patterns!

Back