Nissan's EV Advantage program may = free CHAdeMO station.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

As mentioned elsewhere, Nissan's EV Advantage program offers rebates for new CHAdeMO DC installations.

The site below gives more details on the program, and on page five specifically shows how an Oregon site can install a DC charger for "free" after the 100% total Federal, State, and Nissan incentives.

http://www.evroadmap.com/sites/default/files/files/Nissan_EV_Advantage_Oregon%2010_09_13.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As previously reported by GCR:

..Nissan's EV Advantage program offers $10,000 to companies, groups, and others who install a publicly available quick-charging station using the CHAdeMO standard that's compatible with its Leaf electric cars.

The $10,000 payment is good through next March 31, and there's an additional bonus of $5,000 if the station is up and running by December 31 this year...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1087580_nissan-offers-15000-for-new-electric-car-quick-chargers-by-dec-31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Information provided by Nissan at Plugin 2013 indicates average cost for hardware and installation at dealers for the DC FC is $49K.

Best strategy for now on demand charges is to detune units to 20 or 25kW....

Randy said:
I missed the thread where this strategy was discussed. Can you elaborate for me? How does that help? Is that the cutoff?

GeekEV said:
Randy said:
I missed the thread where this strategy was discussed. Can you elaborate for me? How does that help? Is that the cutoff?
It depends on the utility, but limiting the maximum demand also lowers demand charges while only minimally increasing overall charge times (though it can be a doubling of charge time if you are only going from say 15-40% SOC). And if on a dedicated meter, most utilities have plans that don't have demand charges as long as your demand is 20 kW or less.

What is the point if the dealership has all the EVSE but they park their own LEAF to block the charging station and refused to let Leaf owners to charge? It is sucked! I started hate this BS Nissan and ready to go back to gas car.

Cpqeng said:
What is the point if the dealership has all the EVSE but they park their own LEAF to block the charging station and refused to let Leaf owners to charge? It is sucked! I started hate this BS Nissan and ready to go back to gas car.
Please do. Your comment is totally unrelated to this thread. But welcome to the forum!

Back