Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
os2baba said:
I checked on Sema's web site and they are showing $2.50/hr in Alpharetta as well. So it looks like Walgreens has set this for all their stores. Electricity cost is roughly 10c/KWh. I think the most I have seen is 13c/KWh. An L2 charger with the New Leaf should take 7.2KW per hr. Which would make it about 70-80c per hr. Walgreens is charging 3x+ the cost of the electricity. I doubt that anyone other than someone in an emergency would pay that much.

I wouldn't pay $2.50/hr either (unless I was in an emergency). But you are ignoring the cost of the charger or the installation.

I think it should be cheap, if you make a purchase at the establishment providing the charger. Free unregulated use, invites abuse.

GA Leafers/Taxpayers,

How did you modify your withholdings & dependents to maximize the Georgia $5k Tax Credit without waiting until filing your FY13 tax return next February or March?

We didn't do anything to reduce our burden ahead of time. It was a long wait.

On a different topic: Most of you are aware of that the EV Club of the South is organizing National Plug-in Day at Atlantic Station on Saturday, September 28 from noon-5:00 PM. If you have not already signed up, please consider it. Just go to the Pluginday.org link to the Atlanta event. We have quite a line-up already, you will want to join in!

just registered for the National Plugin Day event. it looks like they are filled to the brim with LEAFs and Model S volunteers, though. I'll be surprised if I'm needed to hold down the fort.

I'm most excited about this quote, on that event registration link:
We will also be celebrating the activation of the first public DCFC unit at the Atlantic Station Charging Spot that day.

jakswa said:
just registered for the National Plugin Day event. it looks like they are filled to the brim with LEAFs and Model S volunteers, though. I'll be surprised if I'm needed to hold down the fort.

I'm most excited about this quote, on that event registration link:
We will also be celebrating the activation of the first public DCFC unit at the Atlantic Station Charging Spot that day.

Well, sorta, in a good way! Check out this baby: http://www.recargo.com/sites/4317 Who does the ribbon-cutting first may still be an open question, but Regal wins the crown for first public functioning site!

There is nothing to renew. Legislation was set in 2001 if I remember. The issue tis that it can be removed next time the legislators meet.

That is why I'm hedging my bets and doing something before year end.

braineo said:
There is nothing to renew. Legislation was set in 2001 if I remember. The issue tis that it can be removed next time the legislators meet.

Got it.

the Georgia Legislature doesn't meet again until January 2014, so they earliest they could change the existing law would be January 2015. I think we are safe until end of year 2014.

sonnylax said:
braineo said:

Got it.

the Georgia Legislature doesn't meet again until January 2014, so they earliest they could change the existing law would be January 2015. I think we are safe until end of year 2014.
I was told that it came about as part of the agreement with the EPA to improve air quality. It might not be so easy for them to get rid of if that is the case.

Back