Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The update came in today, and my bat has 51.04 AHr, 59.12 Hx, and 77% SOH. That is a better health than I expected. A 100% charge is about 208 gids and 90% SOC according to Leaf Spy.

Ingez said:
SOH 92%, isnt that a bit bad for 6 months, 8500km .. ?

I'm showing about the same, 3.5 months, 6998 km, 93%. Is yours a 2013 as well?

Gids at 100% were 267 yesterday. This isn't much down from my peak of 276, though.

5YestvN.jpg

Berlino,
Interesting that so many of your cells are the same
minimum voltage?

And, only one high cell, which probably stopped the
charging. But the 7 mv range is the best that I have seen.

After you drive a down to half tank or lower, do any
of the cell-shunts turn On (usually red)?

Cheers, Gary

garygid said:
Berlino,
Interesting that so many of your cells are the same
minimum voltage?

And, only one high cell, which probably stopped the
charging. But the 7 mv range is the best that I have seen.

Sorry if I haven't followed the protocol. The screen-shot did not come immediately after a full-charge when the range is normally 10-15 mv.
I charged to 100% last night, but the image is from the current 82.0% SOC, 221 GIDs.

garygid said:

Not sure, I will look for this going forward.

Just purchased the leaf spy pro. Looks Great! But I show about a dozen of the 96 possible red shunts active indications. What does shunt active mean and what is it's relationship to the battery health and longevity?

Nissan LEAF SL 2012 11,600 miles.

Berlino said:
I'm showing about the same, 3.5 months, 6998 km, 93%. Is yours a 2013 as well?

Gids at 100% were 267 yesterday. This isn't much down from my peak of 276, though.
Wow, that is the most balanced pack I've ever seen!

What are you charging/driving habits?

Ingez said:
SOH 92%, isnt that a bit bad for 6 months, 8500km .. ?
Not really but this requires to go back to our thoughts we had before we got our LEAFs.

Before it was assumed we would lose a chunk of capacity right away then it would level out. With the previous inaccurate of the gauge it appeared we were not in certain areas for several thousand miles which we now know was not true...so I have to say "right now" no, u r fine. But that also means that by next year you should only have slightly more loss if u r in a good climate

Unfortunately, evidence since then indicates that such is not typically the case... It is more linear that we were initially led to believe...

DaveinOlyWA said:
Before it was assumed we would lose a chunk of capacity right away then it would level out.

drees said:
Wow, that is the most balanced pack I've ever seen!

What are you charging/driving habits?

I don't have a set routine, but a typical day would be 40 miles of non-aggressive driving over hilly terrain. 2/3 highway, but I normally end up driving under the speed limit due to congestion or simply to save energy. The LEAF's info panel is telling me 6.9km/kWh, but I've never tested its accuracy.

Most commonly, I trickle charge at home to 80%, disconnecting and storing the EVSE as soon as the charge is complete. I sometimes use public L2s. There are no L3s in the area.

Over the last two months: 17 charges to 80%, 14 to 100%. Several other partial charges.

garygid said:

I haven't been under a half recently, but from 55% to 50% SOC this evening there were typically 4-6 lines in red. These three shots were taken in quick succession when I was in park at 50.4% SOC.

Iy1tBDf.jpg
wroJcRz.jpg

Fn3d55z.jpg

For comparison, here's what my CP voltages normally look like (charge to 100% maybe a couple times a month and rarely let it sit long afterwards). It appears that the '13 LEAFs are much better at keeping the pack balanced.

Right after a 100% charge:
ef07.png

4-5 hours after a 80% charge:
ps48.png

drees said:
For comparison, here's what my CP voltages normally look like (charge to 100% maybe a couple times a month and rarely let it sit long afterwards). It appears that the '13 LEAFs are much better at keeping the pack balanced.
Why did you black out your odometer reading?

You can just check the "Obscure VIN" check box if you don't want your VIN visible.

Ingez said:
What is New in 0.28.13?
I thought there was a problem with Tire Registration and put in a fix. Turned out there was no problem with the app. Problem was actually due to inaccurate tire gauge which caused the pressures to be set wrong and tire registration to fail.

Also included code to correctly display DTC messages from the EV(VCM) control unit which has a different format from all the other ECUs (2011 & 2012 Leafs). Includes descriptions for more DTC messages taken from the Leaf Service Manual.

Version 0.28.14 will include the ability to clear DTCs from selected ECU.

A test version of Leaf Spy Pro with DTC clearing enabled is ready for testing.

If you have any DTCs and would like to test clearing them send me an email ([email protected]) and I will invite you into the test group and send a link to get it.

To enable the DTC Clear button you must first do a Read DTC and have at least one DTC. Saved DTCs from a previous session do not count as they could be from a different Leaf. So start app, do a fresh DTC read then the DTC Clear will be enabled. You can only issue DTC clears to ECUs that have DTCs.

Don't clear a DTC if you do not understand what caused it (i.e. Low tire pressure is ok if you know why it was low or low 12v battery).

Turbo3 said:
Why did you black out your odometer reading?
Just felt like it since I was clearing my VIN.

Turbo3 said:
You can just check the "Obscure VIN" check box if you don't want your VIN visible.
Yeah, but that doesn't work after you've taken a screenshot.

ok new app user here and can't help but notice all screen shots have solid text not the very hard to read outline text I have. I've already tried settings - is this a feature of Pro vs Lite or just a setting I haven't found? Thx.

Back