Revision 2 upgrade for Nissan EVSE - Allows full level 2!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of connector is at the end of this? Im trying to figure out what 240v outlet I need to install at home. I have 120v/240v at home. Anything else I need to change?

Novoken said:
What type of connector is at the end of this? Im trying to figure out what 240v outlet I need to install at home. I have 120v/240v at home. Anything else I need to change?
The original upgrades have an L6-20 on them, but the ones EVSEUpgrade is doing these days have an L6-30 because they can now be set to draw up to 20a, which is too much of a continuous draw for a 20a circuit.

Which EVSE are we talking about? Will the outlet only be used for the EVSE?
Do you want to plan for future higher power charging?

If the high powered EVSEupgrade- simplest is to put a NEMA L6-30R using a 30A circuit.
If the lower power- use a NEMA L6-20R on a 20A circuit.

The answer may be different depending on other factors.

Novoken said:
^ so what connector?

Edit- corrected to L6-20R. Thanks to smKettner for catching the error! I need to proofread more carefully.

Hi
I am new owner of Leaf and I am looking for options to upgrade EVSE. The http://www.evseupgrade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site seems to be down. I havent been able to get to it for last 24 hours or so. Phil, is this just a minor technical issue or something else?

Do you guys have a procedure/cost to upgrade early upgraded units so that they are able to change current like the latest units?

I want to add my feedback on the EVSE Upgrade. I received my unit yesterday and am very impressed with both the product and the service. The entire process took less than 1 week including RT shipment to Austin, TX. I plugged the upgraded EVSE into my dryer outlet (adapter from EVSE upgrade) and I’m happily charging at 20A. Wow, what a difference, the money is well worth it and to me far better investment than a large 30A system.

drees said:
Do you guys have a procedure/cost to upgrade early upgraded units so that they are able to change current like the latest units?
+1. I have the Rev2 16A version. It would be nice to be able to update it to allow programmable current level, but I'm not sure how much the update cost combined with the round trip shipping will be and whether it's worth the added cost or not. Especially since the old unit can't go up to 20A, so I'm guessing you can only go down from 16A.

Back