*NEW* Drive Electric RI (New England): a "social enterprise"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've started a new social enterprise, Drive Electric RI, which may expand in the future to be become Drive Electric New England.

For those of you in the area or anywhere who do facebook, it would be great to have you "Like" the page and/or add any comments:
https://www.facebook.com/DriveElectricRI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The approach is different than some other similar organizations, as the focus is on promoting electric cars for their cost savings, convenience, and enjoyment benefits, and also dispelling related popular myths about EVs.

I have have developed a short yet powerful "mythbusting" presentation (~15 minutes), which I plan to deliver at universities, colleges, business, government offices and events, etc, with Q&A to follow.

If anyone would like to know more or have a lead on a "gig" where I might be able to give this presentation, please PM me here or better yet through the facebook page.

I am also looking for volunteers, EV drivers, SME's, etc, to volunteer whatever small bits of time and effort they can towards this cause.

Unlikely any QCs on the horizon at dealers but I will keep an eye out. Right now, the Nissan dealers in RI have ZERO new Leafs* in stock; it's bad like it was two years ago.

It's impossible to "get butts in seats" (for 24 hr "test use" my organization promotes) if there are no seats!

Some dealers are saying they don't know when they will get any, others saying they can get one if you order it (ie they are not being in the business of selling Leafs, just providing them for buyers who already decided. Lame.)

If Leaf fails here in New England, it will not be the fault of the technology, it will be the dealers and by extension corporate for not having a better sales strategy.

Any ideas from the community?

One idea that came up in talks with a utility rep, was a EV storefront (like Tesla's) with Leafs, Volts, Fords, PIP, etc, and non-biased EV Champions to explain the cars and then recommend reputable dealers for each. I like this idea. Time to think outside the (dealer) box.

*only two 2012 used ones in the entire state for a half dozen Nissan dealers. One saleman drives a Leaf himself and will demo it for customers, but again his dealer has no actual Leafs to test/sell/lease.

We met Rita Moran ([email protected]) yesterday at the National Grid Sustainability Center Storefront, corner of Main and Hawthorne, Worcester MA. They have a 24/7, free ChargePoint L2, find them on PlugShare.

She sent me this by email:

"Thanks for stopping by today!  I have a feeling you could teach us more about sustainability!.  FYI we make the space avaialbe to folks/groups that are interested in offing sustainability focussed education - so if you belong to or orchestrate any of those groups we would be happy to make the space available.

All the best!

Rita Moran"

So, if they are willing to do a storefront for sustainability, they may be willing to do an EV showcase storefront somewhere. They have already done this on a small scale at the Main St location. And who better to promote electric mobility than a utility?

Rita's very nice, shoot her a line, and good luck.

Back