16-year-old gets first driving lesson in LEAF - Funny

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LEAF had to go to the dealer for some work and they gave me a high end Nissan gas car as a loaner and it was the weirdest experience. I'm certain it was one of their best but it was loud, vibrated when idling and felt really slow on accretion. My thought was, "why would anybody drive one of these things?" I know the answer to that but it seemed so unattractive to me. The thought of owning a gas car again for day to day driving is not appealing in the least.

KellyROlsen said:
Here's a video I made showing a mother and father giving their son his first driving lesson in york their LEAF.

A whole generation of drivers are coming up who will have the option of never having to deal with hassles and environmental issues associated with gas vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HtcTPYk98&feature=share&list=UUDb0EpKivw1a_LfdpVj-Nww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That was really funny.

KellyROlsen said:
...and felt really slow on accretion. ...

You mean acceleration? Yes the almost instantaneous high torque is characteristic of electric motors. Gas engines get their peak torque somewhere pretty high on gas engine's acceleration curve but electrics get it almost instantly! I love that! A passenger bus got over in the right lane at a red light today, and I just stopped on the bus' left and when the light turned green I shot out ahead easily and got in the right lane ahead of the bus.

John Kuthe...

Back