How about some different color schemes...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsongster

Bright colors... two tones, racing stripes... Chrome! The car has been out for 3 years and the colors have barely changed. Retro non metallic colors. something... anything! Neon colors... fluorescents... Green... Yellow... anyone? Bueller?

Really... is the demographic of this car really so geriatric... I recently saw a row of Ford Focii at a dealer in Walnut Creek... bright greens, yellows, reds. Looked great! Some of the retro flats in mint or browns.

I guess maybe we have finally collapsed down to the boring realty colors... beige, light grey, light tan with off white trim... and worst of all mauve... or puce... yeech!

even if only one color in the line per year rotated to a less conventional/boring one it would be great.

jsongster said:
I guess maybe we have finally collapsed down to the boring realty colors... beige, light grey, light tan with off white trim... and worst of all mauve... or puce... yeech!

It's worse than that. Out of 7 colors, 5 are Grayscale. It's like watching 1950's television.

exactly... so... nissan folks... how about a little variety... less safe corporate blandness, quarterly profit, surveyed, watered down, boredom.

Nubo said:
It's worse than that. Out of 7 colors, 5 are Grayscale. It's like watching 1950's television.
TV may have been black and white. But some of the car colors were great.
For example 1957 Studebaker lilac.

Only thing I've seen close in the past 30 years is a 2014 Chevrolet Spark in grape ice that I saw yesterday. Beautiful color. Couldn't believe what I was seeing :shock:
Some manufacturers are seeing the light.
Nissan and Volkswagen are still in the dark :(
Unfortunately the Spark EV Colors are as bland as LEAF.

Nubo said:
And those really boring colors seem quite popular here at MNL. A gray ("slate") or black LEAF? Why?

I agree with the OP: some more bright colors would be fun. But I'll settle for more range...

How about the Bordeaux Black shiny dark purple I just saw on a Juke... that would certainly get my wife to give up her Red Prius.

To my thinking the whole style of the body goes with the bright color idea. I bought the blue because it was the brightest of the choices. A nice orange or amethyst would have been good.

Back