Ireland

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi hsilgnede,

And Hi to all on Mynissanleaf, This is my first post, But i've been watching this forum for a long time. It's great :)

Hsilgnede,

Where on the Island are you ? I'm in Kildare. There are 2 or 3 Leaf owners on boards.ie One of them is around here now and again.

I test drove a leaf last Wednesday in Windsor motors on Belgard Road, I was very impressed with the power delivery, it was a really really cool experience driving an E.V for the first time ever. I hit the accelerator and the shove was really good and the silence, it was all so strange but thrilling. :)

My commute is 85 or so miles a day and currently I am waiting on work to let me know if they will install a charger or not. I don't think I would make it comfortably in winter.

Anyway, do you have a Leaf or thinking of getting one ?

o00scorpion00o said:
Hi hsilgnede,

And Hi to all on Mynissanleaf, This is my first post, But i've been watching this forum for a long time. It's great :)

Hsilgnede,

Where on the Island are you ? I'm in Kildare. There are 2 or 3 Leaf owners on boards.ie One of them is around here now and again.

I test drove a leaf last Wednesday in Windsor motors on Belgard Road, I was very impressed with the power delivery, it was a really really cool experience driving an E.V for the first time ever. I hit the accelerator and the shove was really good and the silence, it was all so strange but thrilling. :)

My commute is 85 or so miles a day and currently I am waiting on work to let me know if they will install a charger or not. I don't think I would make it comfortably in winter.

Anyway, do you have a Leaf or thinking of getting one ?

Just outside Limerick city. Think we spoke on boards, I definitly posted in that thread. Waiting to take delivery, hopefully will be this week. The grant from the SEAI is holding it all up.

hsilgnede said:
Just outside Limerick city. Think we spoke on boards, I definitly posted in that thread. Waiting to take delivery, hopefully will be this week. The grant from the SEAI is holding it all up.

AH yeah I remember you now. How long are you waiting ?

I think you have a much shorter commute than me if I recall ? Any idea when you will get it ? How long is it waiting for the grant to be processed ?

Sorry for all the questions. :D

My commute is about a 50k round trip. Application went in mid November but I didn't want delivery till January so only pushing it the last few days. Hopeful that I might get it or at least get a date this week.

Hi,
just put the money down for an SVE and granny cable on 23rd. We're eagerly in anticipation:) there seems to be a lot of activity on fb and boards, as well as the esb electric cars web.

Just a thought: I use google maps quite a bit, and wonder is there a way of having the esb charger maps activated with full google maps functionality? That way you could plot your journey and if needs be, drag and drop the route nearer some desired charger. Maybe the ESB will oblige by publishing/sharing that map, which is pretty easy to do.

got this in an email from esb:

journey planner:

· Go to http://www.esb.ie/chargepointmap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

· Click on ‘click here to view the full charge point listing’

· Click on ‘Get directions’

· Enter in two locations e.g. Dublin to Cork – a route will appear

· Press the back button

· The route appears as well as the charge points. You can drag and drop the route to the relevant fast charge points etc.

That's pretty cool, I never noticed that before !

Good luck with the Leaf !

Did you get the 6 kw charger ? I didn't think the granny cable would work with that.

hhobbit said:
got this in an email from esb:

journey planner:

· Go to http://www.esb.ie/chargepointmap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

· Click on ‘click here to view the full charge point listing’

· Click on ‘Get directions’

· Enter in two locations e.g. Dublin to Cork – a route will appear

· Press the back button

· The route appears as well as the charge points. You can drag and drop the route to the relevant fast charge points etc.

That's class. Well spotted sir.

Back