Remote Pre-Conditioning using fob.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszukow

I like the idea of Chevy volt or ford C-max energy to have-short 10 minute remote start by using fob. Is way more convenient then using cell phone and data charges, especially when car is just outside restaurant window or driveway of my house.
C-max as Volt use for remote climate last temperature settings used in the car.

I have remote fob size transmitter switch from Ebay, works great up to around 2 km (I tested) . I will tap to ON/OFF climate switch. As SierraQ posted :

" •Can I leave the A/C or heater on for a passenger/pet? To do this for longer than the 15 minutes you get with carwings you have to leave the car on in ready to drive mode. You can take the fob with you and lock it with the remote. Do keep in mind that the car can be driven without the fob if it has already been started. (If you happen to be charging, the car must only be in ON mode and hence it cannot be driven.)"
Tapping to ON/OFF has advantage to set temperature instead fixed one by Carvings 70deg. Its way too hot for winter and waste of battery power. Also Carwings remote does not use heat pump for heating, only PTC heater.
I wish to find the way to hack to Carwings TCU climate ON output unit ,maybe someone in IT field has better knowledge?

Thanks

Back