Birmingham, AL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

13,600 miles and counting! :) i still see the silver LEAF on Acton road fairly regularly but no response when I wave. Oh well. I know he (or she) golfs because he or she turns into the golf course nearly evey time.

Picked up an ELM-327, plugged it in and connected to my android phone immediately, fascinating to watch the data flow. Today will be my first drive. Will be interesting to watch.

I drive my ICE occasionally and what a difference! Can't wait to get back into the LEAF!

Cheers, Bert

G'day Y'all,

Still having a great time with the LEAF: 15,500 miles on it so far, and running fine. This might be turning into a Bert-blog. LOL

So I went to a Patriot Day event this evening and held up a US Flag on I-65 overpass, and just as I set up, I cannot believe I see a red LEAF!!! I know I've chatted with someone here who has a red LEAF -- jfiveash? Anyway, if that was you, HI! and if not, welcome to the ranks of LEAF ownership here in Birmingham! We were on the Old Rocky Ridge Rd overpass on I-65 and hung out for over an hour or so before we packed up and headed home. Hope you saw us.

Cheers, Bert

Hi Bert,
Soon to be one less Leaf in Birmingham. I am in the process of moving to Mobile, AL around the end of next month.
Also still loving my Leaf, it's been a great car so far.
At least I managed to install one free charger for all the Bham Leafers at McWane Science Center before leaving.
Ready to tackle some new chargers in Mobile area next.

Greg C.

Hey Greg,

Sorry to hear you're moving away. We need to get together for lunch or dinner before you do so we can catch up. A good opportunity for other LEAFers in the area to get together too. Pick a day and a place, I'll be there!

Cheers, Bert

Well, still talking to myself, I guess. :)
Just rolled over 20,000 miles, still have 12 bars and still having a great time in my LEAF! I think there is a lot to be said for the "charge to 80% unless you really, really need 100%" rule. It seems to have worked in my case, so far, anyway. A friend from work who has a black LEAF says he lost his first bar a while ago. I remember it was the showroom model and I feel sure it was kept at 100% charge for weeks if not months while they had it on the showroom floor. I can't help but think it has something to do with it.

In Atlanta right now for a business trip and I'm amazed to report that I have spotted five -- count 'em -- five LEAFs in the day and a half that I've been here already. That's more than I've seen in the two years I've owned my LEAF in Birmingham! I just think that's way cool. :)

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
In Atlanta right now for a business trip and I'm amazed to report that I have spotted five -- count 'em -- five LEAFs in the day and a half that I've been here already. That's more than I've seen in the two years I've owned my LEAF in Birmingham! I just think that's way cool. :)
Cheers, Bert
State tax credit 20% of the vehicle cost, up to $5,000 is really helping in GA.

G'day Y'all,

Almost 27,000 miles in the LEAF so far, and no problems to report. I did finally lose my first bar earlier this year; no real surprise as the android app gave me plenty of warning so I knew it was coming. Still love, love, LOVE the LEAF! Not so much the depreciation; I keep getting emails from the dealership to tell me they'll my my car for a third of what I paid for it, and then have me pay full price for a new one! [shaking head] There's no scenario where that makes sense to me. I'll just spend the dollars on a new battery when it's time and hope that Nissan have looked after the early adopters by allowing us to integrate the latest technology batteries in our older cars.

I can't say enough about this car. It's still my daily driver, for workdays as well as weekends; it still satisfies my range needs even after three+ years. And it's just plain fun to drive. :)

Cheers, Bert

p.s. It's been way too long since I've dropped in to the forum so the new design was quite a nice surprise. But not liking the dismal performance, and also looking for the "show all unread messages since last login". Is that feature gone now? Thx

Hi BamaLeaf,

Happy to make your acquaintance! I see the occasional LEAF in my area, but not many. One is owned by a lady who works for Alabama Power, and as I understand it she is working hard both here and in GA to get EVSEs installed for folks in our area. If you're in the Hoover area, let me know and maybe we can get together for lunch or dinner and compare cars. That invite stands for anyone else in the southern area of Birmingham!

Cheers, Bert

G'day Y'all,

It's been ages since I've checked in to this forum, nice to see it's still going strong. Currently around 45K miles on the LEAF, nothing major to report, main expense is the usual consumables: 12V battery, tires, windshield wipers. I did lose the second capacity bar a while ago, and still running on 10 capacity bars. LEAFSpy reports around 75% Hx so I'm expecting another bar to go in the not-to-distant future. :)

Commute distance has increased to around 30 miles round trip and it's mostly interstate, which tends to suck electrons out of the battery pretty quickly! So I get to take advantage of a 110V power receptacle while the car is parked at work. It's nice to have that extra flexibility!

Cheers, Bert

Back