Official Nissan e-NV200 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DNAinaGoodWay said:
200k packs per year? That should do for a start.

that is the stated capacity but ramp up has been slow. slower than expected i suspect. also rumors that other parts shortages were contributing. keep in mind; this is not their only battery plant world wide either and sure more will follow. I have to think that battery manufacturers in general are also looking very hard at the situation.

Price in Europe to be similar to LEAF.

https://www.facebook.com/TransportEvolved/posts/10152229960730067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also:

https://www.facebook.com/InsideeVs/posts/409617892508258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now if only they'd sell them here.

Just spotted one on the 101 in Thousand Oaks. It was basic gray - not doing anything to draw attention to itself other than passing us on the freeway. But it clearly was marked with NV200 and EV on the rear hatch. Presumably this was one of their real-world road test models running around as they prepare for launch. The Nissan website still lists it as a future/concept vehicle.

Looking forward to seeing these on the road. :cool:

I know a lot on here are pooh-poohing the styling. But it looks like it would be extremely functional and given the low expected total ownership costs thanks to maintenance savings, etc., this could be quite the value proposition. And I suspect a good number of fleet purchasers will be very interested.

I must say I really like the variety of EV options coming to market in the next couple of years. Having different ones that fit different needs in sub-Tesla price range should help this technology advance.

Good job Nissan!

DarthPuppy said:
The Nissan website still lists it as a future/concept vehicle./quote]

I wouldn't put too much weight on their site. They still have the Hi-Cross listed as a concept when that actually became the 2014 Rogue.

here in europe they are available july 2014,with a starting price from 25.000.-euro(32.500.-$)
http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/de/de-de/Media/Media.aspx?mediaid=116769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LTLFTcomposite said:
Put in a third row seat and you've got yourself a serious competitor for the model X.
E-nv200 max speed 75 mph. Tesla model x: 125mph. E-nv200 range: 75 miles. X range: 200 miles.
E-nv200 price $30K +-. X cost: $80K. They don't seem like competitors to me, even if the e-nv200 gets a third row seat.

Yanquetino said:
I have to admit: I don't get the "step backwards" with the e-NV200's shifter. Ugh. Why revert to a "mechanical" design? Too many potential customers react negatively to the Leaf's "mouse"? I'm not sure they would understand the D/Eco horizontal movement anyway. My hope is that this is just the "concept" prototype for the uninitiated attendees at auto shows, and won't make it into final production. But maybe that's just me. :?

-image deleted-

I actually like big clunky mechanical shifters. Fun, satisfying, decisive, masculine. Ker-CLUNK.

I'm only a prospective Leaf buyer myself and the "mouse" is a negative factor.

I like the rear headrests! Looks like they won't block the view to the rear of the Leaf.
Wish I could buy a couple of them...

TomT said:
I find the comment that it will get the same range as the Leaf odd since it has the same size battery and yet appears to be both heavier and less aerodynamic...
I'm with you. I've heard so much about how the aerodynamic shape of the Leaf is critical to it's range - surely grafting a large box onto the back can not be performance neutral. On the other hand, an electric minivan is a good concept and a likely future project. Now lets streamline it and add a bit of battery capacity.

Dooglas said:
TomT said:
I find the comment that it will get the same range as the Leaf odd since it has the same size battery and yet appears to be both heavier and less aerodynamic...
I'm with you. I've heard so much about how the aerodynamic shape of the Leaf is critical to it's range - surely grafting a large box onto the back can not be performance neutral. On the other hand, an electric minivan is a good concept and a likely future project. Now lets streamline it and add a bit of battery capacity.
Yes, it makes a difference - but people would consider 80 miles EPA basically same as 84 - even though it is 5% less (which is significant for someone looking at aerodynamics).

The size of the battery is what has the biggest impact on range (something BMW forgot !).

Check out the UK nissan website , they have added info on the e-nv200 commercial van

Not done yet but it does have some new pics nd info

No pricing

evnow said:
The size of the battery is what has the biggest impact on range (something BMW forgot !).

Let me help you with that:

The lightness of the car has the biggest impact on performance (something BMW remembered !)
;)

I think aerodynamics matters way more than vehicle weight, and the i3 is closer to the "broadside of a barn" end of the scale than I'd prefer...

Back