Official BMW i3 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ELROY said:
The local BMW dealership had a Andesite Silver BMW Mega World i3 arrive today.
Heated front seats ($350)
Sticker Price: $43,175.

Were buyers camping there overnight to be first in line to snatch it?

Valdemar said:
ELROY said:
The local BMW dealership had a Andesite Silver BMW Mega World i3 arrive today.
Heated front seats ($350)
Sticker Price: $43,175.

I didn't see anyone, it just got unloaded off a truck.
Surprised it wasn't a loaded Electronaut Edition though.

ELROY said:
TomT said:
Are there really more than, say, three people that are THAT excited for the i3...

Valdemar said:

Its in Camarillo, not too far from Granada Hills, or Oak Park.

Ok, are suggesting we should rush there? :) I actually kind of like it, but it's hard for me to rationalize buying one.

The i3 is not even on my radar at the moment... I currently find the MB B Class EV much more intriguing and a better deal...

Valdemar said:
ELROY said:
Valdemar said:
Its in Camarillo, not too far from Granada Hills, or Oak Park.
Ok, are suggesting we should rush there? :) I actually kind of like it, but it's hard for me to rationalize buying one.

It won't surprise me if a bunch of people buy these from SF BWW at way over the MSRP like when they sold MINIs for $5K over all day long month after month. Even standard BMW pricing is like the "small plates" racket used at most restaurants and I expect to get what you want will be difficult. Regardless I can't get excited for a variety of reasons and the Mercedes seems too heavy being close to a RAV weight with a smaller pack.

I think that anyone who pays over MSRP for anything is daft!

With Range Mode, the MB numbers look pretty good - much better than the Leaf or i3... And it is a much more enjoyable car inside. Now if it only had QC...

EVDRIVER said:
It won't surprise me if a bunch of people buy these from SF BWW at way over the MSRP like when they sold MINIs for $5K over all day long month after month. Even standard BMW pricing is like the "small plates" racket used at most restaurants and I expect to get what you want will be difficult. Regardless I can't get excited for a variety of reasons and the Mercedes seems too heavy being close to a RAV weight with a smaller pack.

TomT said:
I think that anyone who pays over MSRP for anything is daft!

With Range Mode, the MB numbers look pretty good - much better than the Leaf or i3... And it is a much more enjoyable car inside. Now if it only had QC...

EVDRIVER said:

I can't believe it doesn't have DCQC, same goes for the RAV4.

It kind of makes sense for the RAV4 since it is strictly a compliance car with a very limited number to be built, and Tesla likely would have charged a pretty penny for QC...
It makes far less sense for the MB...

ELROY said:

TomT said:
It kind of makes sense for the RAV4 since it is strictly a compliance car with a very limited number to be built, and Tesla likely would have charged a pretty penny for QC...
It makes far less sense for the MB...

ELROY said:

It would not have cost that much to add a CHAdeMO port (Toyota is a founding member).

TomT said:
The salient point is that it is strictly a compliance car and Toyota doesn't give a rat's ass!

TonyWilliams said:
It would not have cost that much to add a CHAdeMO port (Toyota is a founding member).

Like Mercedes with the B-Class ED, they had to be snickering to offer a reasonably decent EV without a readily available DC charge option.

Except - and it is a big exception - that MB plans to sell it in all 50 states, build more than 2,600, and will offer QC next year. That takes it firmly out of the just-a-compliance-car category like the RAV4 IMHO...

TonyWilliams said:
TomT said:
The salient point is that it is strictly a compliance car and Toyota doesn't give a rat's ass!
TonyWilliams said:
Like Mercedes with the B-Class ED, they had to be snickering to offer a reasonably decent EV without a readily available DC charge option.

TomT said:
- that MB plans to sell it in all 50 states, build more than 2,600, and will offer QC next year.

afaik, no official announcement has been made regarding availability in Canada, except to confirm that it won't be offered this year. Unlike in the USA, the ICE B-class IS sold in Canada.

I didn't know about the QC, that's interesting.

This morning on SB 101 in Agoura Hills.

IMG_20140513_105845.jpg

Back