New (2013) motor and battery pack cutaway displays

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
Here is the drawing of the 2011/2012 differential. It is at the very bottom.
Well, that one shows a standard bevel differential, and I might have to withdraw my earlier comment.... But this one looks bigger than the one in the post earlier thread, do you think?

donald said:
TomT said:
Here is the drawing of the 2011/2012 differential. It is at the very bottom.
Well, that one shows a standard bevel differential, and I might have to withdraw my earlier comment.... But this one looks bigger than the one in the post earlier thread, do you think?

Agreed. I'm not sure what I'm seeing there, but it definitely looks more complex/larger.

mwalsh said:
Since I can't add another picture to post one...the job of that one cogged gear IS to take the parking pawl, just as I'd envisaged:

Tell me friends, unlock gear possible top may reach to rotate 180 degrees? I will need to unlock upon receipt at the port to drag on the trailer, since no power cars and parking.

If I understand the question, I think it would be easiest to power the 12 volt system briefly, to let the car "start" and go into neutral. If I understand the question...

LeftieBiker said:
If I understand the question, I think it would be easiest to power the 12 volt system briefly, to let the car "start" and go into neutral. If I understand the question...

Car after the flood, there is not 12V, but remained at the parking lot, the wheels are locked.

LeftieBiker said:

The question was whether it is possible to quickly unlock deferentsial in a container seaport?

mostenec said:
mwalsh said:
Since I can't add another picture to post one...the job of that one cogged gear IS to take the parking pawl, just as I'd envisaged:

Tell me friends, unlock gear possible top may reach to rotate 180 degrees? I will need to unlock upon receipt at the port to drag on the trailer, since no power cars and parking.

My experience with inoperable salvage cars is that they are usually lifted and moved around on a forklift, particularly if the cars have automatic transmissions (so can't easily be let out of gear) and/or electronic parking brakes. I very much expect this to have been the case with your car already (you might check with the seller). I'm not trying to freak you out, or depress you about your purchase, but I have had experience in this.

At the port, when it comes to inoperable manual cars with old-style handbrakes, they let the car out of gear, take the handbrake off, and push the cars around with a forklift too.

If you car has already been forklifted around, you may as well ask if the forklift driver for the transportation company can help you lift the car onto your trailer. It's not like it can cause that much more damage. But I would check well before your car gets to port, so there are no surprises if they can't.

Alternatively, a dolly system like that from Go-Jak would help you get the car to where it would roll around. The car will be like it's on skates though, so somewhat unwieldy - I would have a couple of friends with you to keep the car under control while you winch it onto your trailer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer , I am fully aware what I bought a car , if the seller did not disappoint me , I hope that 's no cheating . As I wrote earlier , I love to tinker with cars , and understand what me need to do a large job, we are ready to s friend do as exeperimental . With respect to delivery , yes, we have agreed with the seller about the shipping company and they will deliver a car to the port of Gdynia in Poland . But I need to pick up the car on a trailer with a winch , but locking is a big problem . If there is no other way i can hire a truck, but it is very expensive look can cope on their own . I'm going with my friends at least 3 people . I'll keep you posted and take pictures whenever possible . Today the car and shipping are fully paid , and I expect the seller when he went to Poland and give the track number.

There is another option here with such devices for transporting cars to the garage. It is necessary to make and take to the road. The only thing I would increase diametr wheels, these are too small. This can be a problem on the rise winch trailer.

http://files.mail.ru/6AD95F50FC474982B25EEE7BC4876879" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://files.mail.ru/6AD95F50FC474982B25EEE7BC4876879?t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mostenec said:
Today the car and shipping are fully paid , and I expect the seller when he went to Poland and give the track number.

Eventually you will have contact details at the port in Poland for a company that is handling the importation of the car (either shipping company or freight forwarding company). If it works the same way as it works here, you will probably settle customs duties with this company (though sometimes you can settle customs duties directly with the customs agency of the Government instead) and they will give you a release for the car. It is this company you should ask about any assistance they can offer with moving the vehicle around the port in Poland. The area where cars are stored directly off the ship is usually bonded, and it's an area where the public is not allowed, so they have to at least have a plan for getting the car from the bonded area to the release area.

mostenec said:
There is another option here with such devices for transporting cars to the garage. It is necessary to make and take to the road.

http://files.mail.ru/6AD95F50FC474982B25EEE7BC4876879" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://files.mail.ru/6AD95F50FC474982B25EEE7BC4876879?t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, anything like that will work, even wooden furniture dollies, so long as you also take a jack. The reason I like the Go-Jaks is that you don't need a jack.

If you make your own dollies, it would serve you well to use the biggest castor wheels you can find, preferably with pneumatic tires rather than solid ones. But don't forget that, unless you engineer them carefully, if you put large wheels on the dollies you will need to get the car up quite high to get them underneath the car's wheels. I can take some measurements for you to let you know how much clearance you have around the wheels, if it would be helpful.

I think the wheel diameter of about 8-10cm will suffice. More hydraulic jacks 5t. It is necessary to make it all there is still time. I ask this Council here on the forum. Forum created for this that would change experiences and hear advice of more experienced.

http://files.mail.ru/23A2E3A442E44F31A3534C9CE27E7843?t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mostenec said:
I think the wheel diameter of about 8-10cm will suffice. More hydraulic jacks 5t. It is necessary to make it all there is still time. I ask this Council here on the forum. Forum created for this that would change experiences and hear advice of more experienced.

http://files.mail.ru/23A2E3A442E44F31A3534C9CE27E7843?t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like something with larger pneumatic wheels, so they don't catch on the trailer loading ramps or divets in the road surface, and a U-shaped channel for the tires to sit in, so you don't have to get the car up so high. But with several friends, you might be able to muscle the car around using regular dollies.

The fact that it was easier to disable the gear and tighten the winch to the top of the trailer, then return the lock. I don `t know how much will be available to get to the lock, I do not have here the Nissan leaf to see how deep is front parking actuator. Can anyone have the opportunity to take a photo and put it here.

http://files.mail.ru/2CE8C7109475469082EB04D075B64139?t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back