LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SilverLeaf said:
Just got my 2013 Super mini ELM327 WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader and LEAFStat app.

How long did it take to get the ODB-II reader after you ordered it? I ordered mine yesterday (from Jeff-Store) but there is no shipping information, only that I'll get it sometime in June-July, which is bogus info. I plan to get the LEAFStat app as soon as the reader arrives.

I just ordered this wifi OBD adapter that has a power button.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUHDM64/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Delivery estimate is May 27-30. I'll let you know how it works after it arrives.

Mx5racer said:
I don't see iit in the App Store
Searching for leafstat

My guess is (like me, at first) you were searching for an iPad app. It's in the store as an iPhone app. You just need to change your view from iPad Only to iPhone Only. The most recent version of the apps store, it's one or the other - you can't look for both in one search.

BrainDonor said:
SilverLeaf said:
Just got my 2013 Super mini ELM327 WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader and LEAFStat app.

How long did it take to get the ODB-II reader after you ordered it? I ordered mine yesterday (from Jeff-Store) but there is no shipping information, only that I'll get it sometime in June-July, which is bogus info. I plan to get the LEAFStat app as soon as the reader arrives.

I got mine on eBay direct from China in less than two weeks. Only cost $37.25. Works great.

adspguy said:
After using a telnet program to send an "at sp 6" command to force the protocol, the app seems to be working again. Not quite sure how it was locked into a different protocol, but that got it to work once anyway.
Great that you found it. I've been looking for commands that might change the configuration that doesn't get reset when the adapter is reset. AT SP is one of them. LEAFStat doesn't set it. I'll add that.

rslatkin said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUHDM64/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Delivery estimate is May 27-30. I'll let you know how it works after it arrives.

This one arrived and I tested it but it's not working. The Status says "Connecting to vehicle..." with a rotating ring, and all the data is shown as dashes. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

You might try to telnet to the device. The free etelnet app works for me. You would need to set the address and port to the right settings, 192.168.0.10 35000

Try sending
atz
You should see the lights blink and it should print a version message

rslatkin said:
rslatkin said:

This one arrived and I tested it but it's not working. The Status says "Connecting to vehicle..." with a rotating ring, and all the data is shown as dashes. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?
I haven't tested with that particular device. I'll PM to see about collecting more diagnostic info.

SilverLeaf said:
BrainDonor said:
SilverLeaf said:

I got mine on eBay direct from China in less than two weeks. Only cost $37.25. Works great.

Thanks. Update... my OBD-II reader came today from Jeff-Store (ordered Monday on Amazon.com). I connected it to the LEAF and it worked like a charm. I'm down to 9 bars and it's reading 50.90% SOH, 70.86% capacity, and 46.95 Ahr. Getting a bit worried about losing the next bar.

dm33 said:
Great that you found it. I've been looking for commands that might change the configuration that doesn't get reset when the adapter is reset. AT SP is one of them. LEAFStat doesn't set it. I'll add that.

Hi dm33, we had an email exchange a couple weeks back about my inability to get any data displayed on the LeafStat screen. I was away for a while and just got the time to test it again, at no avail. Could this "reset issue" be the cause of my problem? The first time I tried connecting to the car, it was off and plugged in but not charging.

saywatt said:
dm33 said:

Hi dm33, we had an email exchange a couple weeks back about my inability to get any data displayed on the LeafStat screen. I was away for a while and just got the time to test it again, at no avail. Could this "reset issue" be the cause of my problem? The first time I tried connecting to the car, it was off and plugged in but not charging.
Could be.
I'm working on an update and have been testing some fixes. I'm away from my LEAF for the weekend but hope to get some connectivity issues resolved next week.

dm33 said:
Could be.
I'm working on an update and have been testing some fixes. I'm away from my LEAF for the weekend but hope to get some connectivity issues resolved next week.

Great! Now that I've connected to this string, I'll keep a lookout for your next post.

I just got my mini OBDII from Jeff store, two weeks early!
I can't get my IPHONE 5s to find any signal from it. Would you have trouble shooting ideas.

Diver1500 said:
I just got my mini OBDII from Jeff store, two weeks early!
I can't get my IPHONE 5s to find any signal from it. Would you have trouble shooting ideas.
Do you mean that the iPhone can't see the OBDII adapter's WiFi network?

Make sure the adapter is plugged into the LEAFs OBDII port.
Turn on the OBDII adapter using the switch.

Once its on, you should see some lights on.
Then look on the iPhone for the OBDII adapter's WiFi network.

If the network doesn't show up, you may have a defective OBDII adapter.

I'm getting ready to submit LEAFStat 1.1 to the App Store with the following changes:

• Improved communications with OBDII adapter to make it more robust, reliable and tolerant of regional variations.
  • Additional initialization of OBDII adapters to resolve issue with adapters used in other vehicles or with other programs.
  • Support for European LEAFs which may not have tire pressure monitors.
  • Display temperature in Celsius in countries using metric system.
  • Revamped error display to be able to see values from the car when dismissing the alert.
    • If there is an error connecting to the WiFi adapter, the alert is displayed once. After pressing Retry, it retries once. If there's still an error, the user probably needs to go to Settings and fix the problem. Upon returning to LEAFStat it will try again.
    • If there is an error communicating with the LEAF, an error is displayed. When dismissed, the alert goes away allowing the user to see the last values retrieved. LEAFStat will continue to try to communicate with the LEAF every 10 seconds and display status towards the bottom of the screen.

dm33 said:
I'm getting ready to submit LEAFStat 1.1 to the App Store with the following changes:

Looking forward to the update and hope it fixes my issue. I have yet to display any data with the app.

Anyone tried this WiFi OBD2 reader:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wifi-WLAN-OBDII-OBD2-Wireless-Scan-Diagnostic-Code-Reader-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-/150850959449?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item231f6af859&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a lot thinner with an extension cable, and is only 22$ with free shipping. That would be a very popular reader if it was compatible!!

dm33 said:
. Is there a timeframe for this release? I've yet to see it in the app store. Thanks!

Back