Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
When your order-day does finally arrive, as it is now, you will NOT get enabled to RFQ unless you:
1. are in EVProject, OR
2. have an AV assessment scheduled (or more), OR
3. have had your "waiver" enabled by Nissan CS.

RAQ ;)

Thanks I did understand the order process there Gary. Think the thing that through me off was requesting a waver. I mean why would you really want to? Like I said the order process for Florida doesn't start till December (delivery in April, so sad). So I have like 3 months to sit and watch others order there Leaf while I wait for an assessment from AV. If by say November I don't have any contact about an assessment I would try for the waver. Actually I would like to have the assessment just to meet a person that might be installing the charger. Not sure what it is like in Cali but here in So. FL trying to find a good contractors for any building service is, well, a real pain in the a... So trying to size up the installers competency is always a good idea. I can only hope my assessment will go like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig-NQgY0FWc&feature=player_embedded

Seems simple enough.

PS: Always partial to a good RAQ, hehe.

If you are just going to plug into a dryer outlet there is no need for an electrician. Especially for an AV electrician to screw the thing to the wall, plug it in and ask for $1200 for 20 minutes work. That is in addition to the permit at twice the city rate, $720 for the evse (+$50 shipping). Good chance they will actually want to pull a new 40amp circuit for even more money because the EVSE is rated to pull up to 32amps even though LEAF only needs 16 amps.

Lots are looking at Leviton 16 amp EVSE as a plug and play solution. No need to waste the $100 on the overpriced evaluation, JMHO.
And yes I feel like I wasted $100 as my home is prewired specifically for an EV.

Well my dryer is plugged into that socket so I guess I would need a second line anyway or a new close line in the back yard (greener still). My box is about 40ft from the garage so it would enter the realm of a custom install also. Now that you put a $ amount in the assessment the waiver does seem more interesting.

Question about the Leviton 16 amp EVSE. That's a level one charger right, hence it would take longer to charge the car but wouldn't need a 240v line? Also has Nissan mentioned anything about how the cars warranty would be affected if you don't use there approved charger?

No, the Leviton we are talking about (with mounting plate on wall) is a Level 2 at 240V. The reason we mention 16A is the limiting factor inside the car: 3.3kW charger.

If you want to avoid running an extra circuit you could use an existing lower-amperage circuit (for example, 20A). That's sufficiently sized to pull 80% * 20A = 16A, and charge the initial LEAF as fast as it will go. If you install an extra circuit you might as well make it 40A (unless your panel limits you), because then you can install an EVSE capable of charging at 6.6kW and usable on a future EV that's not limited to 3.3kW.

I am in Daytona Beach, Florida. I am looking forward to getting a Leaf. Hopefully, I can stand the wait. I received my "Congratulations" yellow mailer today with the stickers.

Ok we are half way though November and I have yet to receive any contact about an assessment. Has anyone here in FL been contacted yet?

It's not that I want one at this point, there are many alternatives, but just wanted to know being that ordering starts next month.

I don't think Florida is one of the initial roll out states, or even in the 2nd round... You are probaly with the "rest of us", in the "lost 36 states", who won't be able to order until "fall/winter 2011"

checkout the remaining tour cities for 2010:

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/events/index#/leaf-electric-car/events/index

in 2011 all that has been scheduled is Washington, DC and Tennesee... the only place to test drive a Leaf on the East coast will be Washington, DC. FYI, the test drive tour closely follows places that are soon able to order the Leaf.

mitch672 said:
I don't think Florida is one of the initial roll out states, or even in the 2nd round... You are probaly with the "rest of us", in the "lost 36 states", who won't be able to order until "fall/winter 2011"

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/27/nissan-announces-leaf-rollout-plans-8-year-battery-warranty/

In other Leaf news, Nissan has also announced its official rollout plans. As we already knew, the electric car will first launch in December, in California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Tennessee. Firm orders from these five states, which make up the so-called EV Project, will begin in August.

Following that initial wave, the machine will be sent to Texas and Hawaii in January 2011. Next up will be North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Alabama in April 2011. The rest of the nation will see their Leafs beginning in the fall of 2011 with availability in all markets nationwide by the end of that year.

ok, so round #3, but, round #1 (EV Project) been delayed until "Jan 2011", so I would expect a month or two delay throughout 2011, and they will probably announce the tour dates shortly before/during the ordering time for the 3rd round.

The deliveries are being delayed, but I didn't think the ordering was being delayed. Have those who were scheduled to in Sept/Oct/Nov been able to order? I assume yes. If so, Florida should be able to order in December as was originally stated. So I have the same question as electricD - shouldn't we be able to schedule assessments now? Even if we don't want to do it, this would be a good confirmation that we are at least on track for ordering.

Yeah I canceled my assessment too. No real reason for it at my place and given the poor service from contractors here in the So. Florida area I wasn't expecting them to tell me much anyway.

I haven't gotten and email for ordering yet either, so I did a little chat with Nissan and they said that everything was in order and the emails will be coming out this month. Couldn't tell me when mine was coming but that I should see an email this month. Also asked them about delivery and they said that they are still expecting deliveries to be 4-7 month after the order date with 7 months being the worse case. I'm guessing that if everyone that dropped down $99 for a leaf buys one and they have some production issue that would be the worse case. Don't think at this point it is likely so I think that we are still on track to start seeing them in April.

If I have to wait till July though I would seriously consider the Ford Focus Electric. That too looks like it is shaping up to be a nice ride with similar specs to the Leaf. Like to see the two go head to head.

Thanks for your efforts. I had read that ordering
was going to be April but was sure that I had read
December earlier. At least I know that I'm not
going crazy.

In my case my reservation wasn't until July so I have
no idea where I will be in the mix......

Yep, I also confirmed via chat that we are in the December ordering group. I think April was the expected delivery date, maybe that's where you got that, hodad.

Just got this email!

"Hi, thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. The response to this 100% electric car has been amazing.

Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of the highest quality.

If you have any other questions, please contact us through our Nissan LEAF live chat or by calling 877-NO-GAS-EV."

"develop the charging infrastructure"??? I don't need infrastructure, I NEED THE CAR! This is a very disappointing development and I'm seriously considering canceling my order. Very very disappointing.the way this whole ordering process has been going has really soured my feeling with Nissan.

Oh Nice, then next email I got after sorry you can wait another 8 months is:

"on Saturday, we deliver the world's first mass-produced electric car
to its new owner. join the celebration on Facebook with live
streaming video, live updates and new badges to show your support."

Good job Nissan. So yeah your sorry that even though signed up day one for a Leaf and now who know when I'll get it, come join the celebration! You got to be kidding. Ford looking better and better my the minute.

Oh and so nice of you Nissan to send all this stuff after the Chat is closed.

Back