Crashed taxi Leaf in Estonia - pics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janno

Some pictures are available of a car crash that was caused today by electric taxi in Tartu, Estonia:
http://tartu.postimees.ee/2830457/fotod-tartu-kesklinnas-porkasid-kokku-viis-autot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As written in the article, Leaf crashed into parked cars in the zone of 20 km/h speed limit. Judging by the pictures, the speed must have been at least double of that...
The article is in Estonian and not readable for English-speaking community, but you can see 14 pics of the crash by clicking on the picture.

BR,
Janno

Looks to me that it hit the rear of the first car it hit and drive it forward at least 20 feet and closing up all the gaps between the next four cars.

In picture 2 you can see the outline of where the parked car was and the light green glass from where the back window shattered and moved forward and landing in the parking spot where the car was.

20 km? 40-50, or he had a medical condition and kept his foot on the accelerator and kept pushing. IF that was the case, I wonder at what point the motor would cut out?

Yogi62,
You are probably very close to what happened in your description. As witnesses say the car was accelerating heavily before the accident, so it could refer to a medical condition.
I assume that the motor cuts out after receiving "crash" signal from airbag sensors?

Back