Car gets Juice + driver gets a workout

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

photo-786501.JPG

I am looking into it

I already have the roller fan switched out :)
Maybe contact my friend who owns a spinning studio and gang up all the trainers into one capacitor and a multi source charge hookup to a leaf. ;)

I'm mechanical bias so anyone that has electrical know how that want to split this project with me I will be very glad

I seem to remember a tidbit of information passed out by the makers of a documentary video on the Gossamer Condor, saying that the craft's designers/builders went looking for the absolute fittest Tour-de-France kind of cyclists to power their ambitious creation. A figure of about 250 to 300W was given as the maximum power they were capable of over the half-hour or so of a flight. So maybe 0.1KWh for pedaling. So I would say that the proposed bicycle LEAF recharger, while extremely likely to give the pedaller a terriffic workout, is very unlikely to impart any measurable amount of charge to the LEAF.

Levenkay said:
I seem to remember a tidbit of information passed out by the makers of a documentary video on the Gossamer Condor, saying that the craft's designers/builders went looking for the absolute fittest Tour-de-France kind of cyclists to power their ambitious creation. A figure of about 250 to 300W was given as the maximum power they were capable of over the half-hour or so of a flight. So maybe 0.1KWh for pedaling. So I would say that the proposed bicycle LEAF recharger, while extremely likely to give the pedaller a terriffic workout, is very unlikely to impart any measurable amount of charge to the LEAF.

Everything you read/see on the internet must be true
http://youtu.be/ZmzeKNiMkAs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a commercial item so this can be done
http://www.econvergence.net/The-Pedal-A-Watt-Bicycle-Generator-Stand-s/1820.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back