Official Tesla Model S thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want to make a quick $10K?

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1093211_hack-a-tesla-model-s-and-win-10000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GeekEV said:
ABC News says he was thought to have died but was, in fact, resuscitated.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/stolen-tesla-torn-fiery-crash-24432701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
More news today, apparently he did actually die, on July 7th.

http://green.autoblog.com/2014/07/10/driver-of-stolen-tesla-involved-in-fiery-crash-dies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apvbguy said:
was the death caused by his not wearing a seat restraint or because of one of the car's safety features?

I'd say his death was caused by stealing a car, leading police on a 100mph chase, crushing into multiple vehicles, then a steel traffic light pole.

However, the more immediate cause was not wearing a seat belt.

That's about the best possible test you could do with that car to show it is safe. A real-life sheared-in-two event and there can't have been much of a fire looking at the tarmac. I can't see any evidence of a fire.

The only shame of it is that Tesla can't find more test-dummies like this guy, and release them into a controlled crash-test environment, who are prepared to gamble their lives on trying to drive straight through solid objects at speed. It'd beat using those expensive plastic dummies!

donald said:
That's about the best possible test you could do with that car to show it is safe. A real-life sheared-in-two event and there can't have been much of a fire looking at the tarmac. I can't see any evidence of a fire.

You clearly didn't watch any of the video. It was better than a 4th of July display!

Didn't see a link to a video...? I should go hunt youtube?

....[found] yeah, looks a little 'sparky'. I like the bit where some separated bit of battery pack on the road just goes up like a firework!! woohoo!

Y'know, that obviously doesn't look like a ICE fire would look, but it looked no worse than I would expect if a fuel tank had ruptured in that sort of crash. Hammer any >2 ton car like that at 100 mph into two pieces and I don't think anything unexpected happened there.

apvbguy said:
TomT said:
This is the actual reboot screen for the Model S Bluetooth. Too bad more auto manufacturers don't have a sense of humor!

I've never rebooted the bluetooth, is that really what it says?
Maybe at one point, but not in the current software. I had to try. :D

To check, reboot the center console and hit the Bluetooth icon while it's still gray.

apvbguy said:
GRA said:
MrIanB said:
I drive a Volt and force to charge daily next to two Teslas. It is killing me.

Ian B
Why?
jealousy is a very strong and damaging emotion

Why?, because we have three charging stations and we use them all. And, because I looooooove the Tesla and they r not in my budget at this time. Not hating at all!

Ian B

apvbguy said:
The other question is why does a Volt need to charge anyway? That's why they lug around that big, heavy, smelly, inefficient ICE and the carcinogenic, highly-flammable gasoline in the first place. ;)

Your arrogance is showing... :lol:

aarond12 said:
The other question is why does a Volt need to charge anyway? That's why they lug around that big, heavy, smelly, inefficient ICE and the carcinogenic, highly-flammable gasoline in the first place. ;)

aarond12 said:
apvbguy said:

Seriously, I was just paying a complement about the Tesla and you had to add such a idiotic comment, smh.

Ian B

Time to move on.

Back