J1772 Holster

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bradbissell said:
Why not get one of these from clippercreek? $19 plus tax & shipping.

http://www.clippercreek.com/store/product/wall-mount-connector-holster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Somehow I had missed that in this thread. I will order one for certain and since the ebay item came in from canada I can compare them personally.

The one off ebay is "decent" enough. It is rather uninteresting plastic with that molted look and minimal polish from the mould. But it is clean and serviceable. Ill have to checkout the clippercreek unit for $15 less.

MrFish said:
Maybe I'm a little redneck but this holster has worked great for me for the last 6 months.

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

Around $1.00 at Home Depot :D

Can you repost those pics?

mikeEmike said:
I stumbled across this thread looking to solve the same problem. I bought a $15 DeWalt Cordless Drill Holster, and fastened it to the wall near my EVSE (Schneider EV2430WS) with a few screws and washers. The connector fits in there fairly snugly. It has an adjustable quick-release buckle that keeps the connector from accidentally getting pulled out. It looks jury rigged but I prefer that to a broken connector because it fell off the hose reel.

Love this!

Schneider ships a nice steel dummy j1772 with a cord reel and rain protector with their evse units. I am using an openevse, but I found the schneider holder on ebay for cheap.
20140810_102345.jpg

There is one listed in the for sale section. With shipping it is $35. It is a molded copy of his 3D printer design. I have printed his design and it looks good.

I think he removed his design since a bunch showed up on Ebay. At this point the best option is to go with his molded unit.

Back