Jessica, are you still here with us?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dav

I think the volume of questions will be picking up rapidly now that reservations have been taken and more people find this forum.

I hope you are still sharing with us, you have been a good resource. Thanks.

As soon as Nissan is ready to let us know how many Reservations have been made, please let us know.
It would be interesting to see a day-by-day garph of the total number with their $99 paid.

If you feed me the numbers, I can post a graph and update it every few days.

If you have data on each roll-out city (10 or 11, and other), or rollout state (5 and other), I could maintain several graphs, for fun and interest.

Actuall, I think it would be a great PR thing for the NissanUsa site to display.

Cheers, Gary

Early demand for the Nissan Leaf electric vehicle is strong, with 6,635 people reserving cars in just three days.

"We had 2,700 reservations in the first three hours,” said Dave Mingle, Nissan’s senior director for customer management and business strategy. “It exceeded what we expected, though we knew from what the hand-raisers were telling us this is an exceptionally passionate crowd.”

Read More http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/04/strong-demand-nissan-leaf/#ixzz0lwMKBtI2

Fewer than 1,000 per hour in the first 3 hours. I suppose that might be good, considering the limited regional offering. Still, I was expecting a much higher number.

With all the hype leading up to this point, can you imagine the cost to Nissan to get 6,000 customers on a per customer basis? They might as well give the cars away, what we end up paying will be chicken feed.

I believe your expectations were a bit high. In Japan, the initial offering resulted in 1,500 per week during the first three weeks. We are experiencing 2,200 per day during the first three days. I believe that Nissan is ectastic over these numbers. Keep in mind that they will only be able to manufacture 50,000 per year for the first few years. The global offerings have already accounted for 20% of the first year available inventory.

As long as the numbers meet Nissan's expectations, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Truth of the matter is, it is probably better for everyone to have enough cars to go round at first. Well, it's certainly better for us, that is!

Dav said:
Fewer than 1,000 per hour in the first 3 hours. I suppose that might be good, considering the limited regional offering. Still, I was expecting a much higher number.

With all the hype leading up to this point, can you imagine the cost to Nissan to get 6,000 customers on a per customer basis? They might as well give the cars away, what we end up paying will be chicken feed.

Actually... we had 2,700 US reservations in the first 3 hours.

I just added a new thread with the full list of numbers.

garygid said:
If you feed me the numbers, I can post a graph and update it every few days.

I liked your Aptera graph. I hope Nissan does publish the numbers. They have more in a few hours than Aptera has left total or just about.

Back