SoCal Branch Year 4 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 5

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this answer about the Sept 20th event:

Gary,
So here is the deal for this event, it is a bit more formal than events of the past.

We are going to have a DIY/Arrive-N-Display exhibit that is inside the show, not in the parking lot. The public needs to see your stuff for sure. You can do anything you want in there, it costs $10 to display a vehicle there. For the $10, you will be in the running for Best DIY exhibit which will be voted on by the attendees, there will be a trophy and a prize awarded near the end of the day.

We have 10'x10' shade canopies for $20, tables for $10 and chairs for $2, our cost on all of them. Or feel free to bring your own. There will be electricity but bring a long extension cord or cords.

Cheers,

Darren Schurig
City Captain
National Drive Electric Week-HB - Plug In To Excitement!
Huntington Beach, CA

I'll go ahead and register today, been meaning to do so but have gotten side tracked! :oops:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this weekend's meeting. I can paypal or send a check or bring cash etc for any additional fees for my car to be at booth.

garygid said:
Jeremy,
Yes, it would be very nice to show of the Bursa Mod.
Do not know if a car at the table can be arranged,
but you could ask the organizers via the link above.
Why did Jeremy mod his knee? Was it giving him problems?
:D
Back in the day, we'd have DIY seat heater get togethers. Maybe we need to do a Brusa get together.
:p

I registered Aug 7 for Sept 20 event in Huntington Beach. I believe I got in under the 250 limit for the free parking, but not sure.
The event page says: "Hyatt across the street" but on Google Maps the address shows the Hyatt hotel, and vacant marshy land, fenced, across from Hyatt. Is some portion of the event inside the hotel ?

I am up for breakfast before.

I may cut out early to attend the parallel event at Diamond Bar. Last year they had some decent speakers.

Yeah.. the same guy emailed me...
Jason,
We are going to have an area called arrive-n-display for projects like
yours, would you want to display your modded Leaf?

Darren
City Captain

I think at this point we will have plenty there... I had both vehicles registered as 62&63... we will see.. Sorry I couldn't make it last weekend, it was everyone's bday's it seemed but I'll see you all down in Santa Ana again!

Cheers!

P.S. I also registered for the AQMD event on the same day for later in the afternoon... sounds just like last year!

Having volunteered on registering for the HB Drive Electric event I've been contacted and invited to a planning session taking place tomorrow at 6pm at the Hyatt and the parking/staging area across the steet. I do plan to attend and will be taking any unanswered questions and concerns expressed in the comments above to the meeting and hopefully come back with some answers when I see you all on Saturday in Cerritos.

If anyone else would like to attend leave a comment or PM me and I'll add them to the RSVP. And any other thoughts, questions you'd like taken up, please post to the HB Event thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17601&p=382867#p382867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason,
We missed you in Cerritos Saturday, so I hope that you are OK.

There is a new nrg/evgo QC just two or three blocks away from
HTB now, and it appears operational, but the $5 session fee
was too much for me to try using it.
It is a Nissan brand QC machine.

The 15 cents per minute, with no session charge or minimum,
of the EvOasis QC machines, for example the 2 new QCs
near the I5 and Alton exit, is much more reasonable.
If anybody is near these, stop in and try at least a short
(ChargePoint) charge, to show our support for this much
more attractive pricing.

Cheers, Gary

I got some goodies that I'm going to make into two prototype "CANary like" GID meters. Just got the parts in today, but won't have time to start soldering things up until next week.

Well, bring the goody box.
What other components do you need?

Yes, bring samples of connectors.
Depending upon the price, I am interested in a Chademo Socket and a Plug-type connector.
I believe that Allen is also interested.

Let's plan what space, shade, tables, chairs, and electricity we will need for 20 Sept.
I suspect that we need at least 40x20 foot space, at least three 10x10 canopies,
perhaps 4 tables, and perhaps 15 chairs. Electricity for laptop demos would be great.

We can show anything legal, but sell nothing.
We can give away stuff, including information.

California Native Plants table.
LEAF, Tesla S, etc. Data Logging and Investigation table, or two
Williams Goodies Display table

Jeremy LEAF-Mod display.

Work on sketches of displays, and drafts of handouts.
See you Saturday.

I intend to bring my Logging System and CAN-Do display.

Those with Rav4EV logging experience, please bring details
so that I can incorporate Rav4EV logging into CAN-Do.

Same for logging other EV types, Thanks.

We might have a short parking lot workshop on a logging connection to the Tesla S.
Yet to be confirmed.

Today was the end of four years of Gatherings.

About 20 people, very few LEAFs, lots of Rav4EVs (attracted by
Tony Williams project to add a Chademo-compatible charging
capability to the Rav4EV), Tesla Ss, and a few others.

Soon, I will start a new thread for our 5th year of Gatherings,
but it will have links back to the provious year's threads.

Thanks, to all of you.

Back