Tree crushed my Nissan Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ybitz

So I was driving yesterday on the freeway, and a tree fell and crushed my poor Leaf!

dbWbmCN.jpg

I captured it on my dash cam too.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YaS0w4EXTY[/youtube]

The Leaf is totalled, but I walked away with only minor injuries.

I guess the leaf really wanted to be united with a tree.

Time to shop for a new Leaf?

Wow - that could have ended much worse - good thing the car took the brunt of it! Looks like that was on 163N?

Yup, CA 163 N just south of I-8. Entire highway closed for a good 30 mins (not even motorcycle could get by). Really bummed about my Leaf. Only had 25k miles. Leaf's airbags deployed as expected. Glad to be alive though!

I'd say you have whopped everyone when it comes to growing trees on your dash. ;) Glad you are OK.

WOW That's Crazy! - Glad you are Ok! - Was it a Lease or purchased?,

Hope it never happens to me, just installing my stereo system took me 25 hours and my Sunroof was $1123.00, Those will be out-of-pocket expenses.

Will you Look for the same model or upgrade? - My Leather seats and Fancy wheels are really nice! ;)

ybitz said:
Yup, CA 163 N just south of I-8. Entire highway closed for a good 30 mins (not even motorcycle could get by). Really bummed about my Leaf. Only had 25k miles. Leaf's airbags deployed as expected. Glad to be alive though!

It was purchased. I hope the eventual salvage buyer makes good use of the battery; I baby'ed the battery, for I thought I was going to keep the Leaf for a long time.

I'm thinking about getting the 2015 SV + QuickCharge package. In your opinion, is it worth splurging for the SL? How about the "Around View Monitor" upgrade?

drees said:
Wow - that could have ended much worse

Indeed. This Georgia man had to be cut out of his Leaf after a tree fell on it too:

http://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-crushed-mighty-oak-driver-okay-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the "Around View Monitor" but I don't have that. The dealer didn't know it existed and didn't buy it. I have a 13 which doesn't come with a rear-view cam unless you bought the audio upgrade which the dealer didn't realize either. But I have everything else.

I really Like the Leather seats. They are very nice and to me the 17" wheels make it look more sporty/sexier.

In my past 4 cars I've had Leather Seats, Sunroof and a 1000 watt stereo ;)

Sal

ybitz said:
It was purchased. I hope the eventual salvage buyer makes good use of the battery; I baby'ed the battery, for I thought I was going to keep the Leaf for a long time.

I'm thinking about getting the 2015 SV + QuickCharge package. In your opinion, is it worth splurging for the SL? How about the "Around View Monitor" upgrade?

That sucks but at least you're fine, cars are replaceable.

We splurged and bought the Leaf SL with premium package. I'm not fond of the Bose stereo but the around view monitor is nice. We also have two kids so leather is a must. I did read the SL alloys are heavy at about 28lbs a piece though....that kind of bugs me.

ybitz said:

We moved from the 2012 SL to the 2015 SV + QuickCharge package + LED. Leather was not something we wanted. The "Around View Monitor" would have been nice, but we can live without it. The SV does not have the homelink for the garage. You will also be "missing" the solar panel :lol: . Other than that we love the 2015.

tuanies said:
I'm not fond of the Bose stereo

I am happy they did not order the Bose stereo because it would have all been thrown away.

I need a real powerful stereo, one that moves you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNnWAj_dfcg[/youtube]
(the sound is not clear because the 12 cent microphone in my iPhone 4S cannot handle the bass output, Turn up your stereo and see if the water in a bottle dances like mine)

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same Issue with my home stereo recording:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHLKERU0wo[/youtube]
(The sound Live standing next to either system is clean with no distortion whatsoever, the mic just can't handle the sound pressure)

donald said:
I'd say you have whopped everyone when it comes to growing trees on your dash. ;) Glad you are OK.

Ooh, man maybe the ECM divided by zero!

Glad it was a walk-away. I like Eucalyptus trees, but from a distance. We had a couple of huge ones on our property when we moved in. My neighbor called them "the widowmakers". When one of the branches landed on our house we started having them cut back every couple of years and eventually just got rid of them altogether.

Back