Tree crushed my Nissan Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a salvage bid on my crushed Leaf. $3000. I would think that the battery alone (which wasn't damaged) would be worth $4000. It has ~218 Gids left still. Too bad I don't have the time to tinker and play with it. Somewhere on this forum, I read that someone built a whole house battery backup / solar storage system with salvaged Leaf batteries. That would be cool.

ybitz said:
Insurance company's offer to me for the actual cash value of the car is $16,200 ($17,500 after adding in sales tax). Does that seem reasonable for a 2011 SL-e (with quick charge) with 25k miles?

Sounds generous if anything. I picked up a used 2011 SL (quick charge port too) with 30k miles for $14.8k a month ago. I could have gotten a 2012 SL with 10k miles for 17.2k.

how much to keep the car after they pay you? parting it out would be profitable.

if the headlights are LED I am interested in them. also interest in some plastics (the plastic around the drive stick and stereo if its the same as the 2012.

those wheels and tires are worth over $100 each on craigslist.

any intact glass has some value intact body panels. seats mats etc..

definitely take the battery and electronics you can get ahold of.

then scrap the rest.

you might make enough in the end to afford a newer leaf. ie big down payment with the settlement and then pay off most of whats left with the profits from parting and scrapping.

$3000 is how much it would cost to keep the totalled Leaf. It would be cool to have the batteries for a whole house power backup. But I don't have time to sell the parts. Ended up just giving it to the insurance company.

ohhh no. not for $3000. that's insane!!

I thought you said they would give YOU $3000 for it at the scrappers.

man they wanted you to pay nearly 25% of the car's value to keep it? Ouch.

ybitz said:
$3000 is how much it would cost to keep the totalled Leaf. It would be cool to have the batteries for a whole house power backup. But I don't have time to sell the parts. Ended up just giving it to the insurance company.

$3,000? wow.

you could have bought it and sold it here for a nice profit in about....10, maybe 15 seconds

ybitz said:
$125 per kWh is pretty good price for the battery for storage use.
And the rest of the car might be worth $1,000 to $2,000 for parts salvager.
The water damaged ones someone took the battery out of and then fraudulently sold without disclosing that sold for more than that.

Back