The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I've noticed but there's an up side.
It takes me longer to start my Truck and the Leaf start up is blisteringly fast compared to a windows start up.
Another point is that the Leaf loads up faster than I can get my seat belt done up.

I've noticed a few other things as well but the Leaf will certainly do very nicely until something better comes along.

Zurc. :)

Hello,

The guidance and information on this forum finally convinced me to lease the 2015 Leaf. I leased the S + QC package for 3 years/12k miles. Probably I should have gone for the SV model, but I guess did not read enough of posts here on the Bluetooth music streaming and Carwings. I think these are the only 2 things that I miss on the S model. Otherwise this car is a dream ride - very quiet, fast and spacious enough for me to carpool my daughter and her friends to high school.

Daily commute is about 50 miles. So hopefully battery degradation will not be a problem in 3rd year. There is free L2 station at work, so haven't needed to charge at home so far, but probably will install 240v outlet within few months. Learning the ropes on other stuff.

Thank you all.

WOW!.
I wish I had an L2 charging station where I work. I know of another person at work who could use one as well.
I'd even be happy to pay for the electricity I use. I don't need it for the daily commute but it would be nice to have in the winter time when the temperature drops below the -17C mark. I don't need the car dumping range for heat to keep the battery happy.

Zurc.

Just got our 2011 nissan leaf yesterday, driver window isnt working, few paint dent and scratches and open/tilt navigation button not working but only paid $13k so i'm happy. Loving the quiet and relaxed driving feel, no more worries about im wasting $ seating in traffic lol

Got it today! Really happy with our Leaf thus far.

KQAlcJY.jpg

I am from Edison, NJ and works for a company who offers VPP. I financed through NISSAN and got 3500$ off VPP price and I am eligible for 7500$ fedaral tax credit. In NJ there is no sales tax on EV. VPP price for 2015 S was 26,412 which included quick charge, floor mats etc and i will get 7500$ fedaral tax credit. It was a birthday gift to my wife. And this forum really helped me to go and buy the car. It has been a week and i really enjoyed it so far. Hope the smooth ride continue.

Congratulations to all! Just an update, my Leaf's been very consistent, getting 100miles of charge daily - driving between 52-60mph, with 70miles round trip Carlsbad-San Diego commute.

I already have 250 trees to my credit for two months of driving all electric - LOL!

Be safe driving very slow out in the highways, there are some jealous drivers who might run you over. : )

You could just tell the truck drivers are enjoying the lower fuel costs because their speed are getting up to 70mph at times, leaving me behind with their fumes!

Best Regards,
Sam

Greetings Leaf community, I am a proud owner of a brand new 2015 SV Leaf since Saturday. 780 km done already. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy I'm so excited!

New Leaf owner here- 2015 SV with LED and QC install - SUPER BLACK. Pick up on October 9th at Zimbrick Nissan in Madison, WI. Loving it. Gotta decide if I am going to send in my charger to get upgrade for now or go balls deep into getting a regular unit installed. Step dad is an electrician so I have that covered. Having a blast so far!

I got my LEAF! It's a 2015 LEAF S. Although it was technically used, it had only 245 miles on the odometer. This knocked off over $10K off the sticker for me. It was a deal I could NOT pass up.

I've been on this board for a little bit, knowing my next EV would be a LEAF. I just didn't expect it to be so soon... the lease on my Mitsubishi i-MiEV doesn't expire until mid-January.

Thanks to all the posters who answered my pre-sales questions without me having to ask anything. This board is a great reference for everything LEAF and I intend to return the favor to the community.

Hello

Purchased a used 2011 Super Black with 21,000 miles for $14,400.00 this week
12 bars on the dash
Purchased in Seattle, lease return from San Jose, CA

The seller provided me with a copy of what I believe to be the Leaf Spy report -

AHr = 60.10
SOH = 91%
HX = 89.70%
Odo = 21,243
0 QC's
1110 L1/L2's
SOC = 75.2%
4.003 etc ???
Temp = 61.9 etc ???

How did I do?

I am still educating myself, and have some questions.

Should I be concerned about the climate in San Jose negatively effecting the battery life?
I ran the battery down to less than 8 miles on the way home. Should I be concerned?
Do I really need to set the timer to charge to 80%? And what is the real lifetime benefit of this?
What is the deal with the class action lawsuit and do I need to opt out or not?
Battery warranty? Does it apply to me as second owner and what are the specifics?

Looking forward to infinite MPG!

JimEG said:
What is the deal with the class action lawsuit and do I need to opt out or not?
Looking forward to infinite MPG!
Mediation was June 23, and there have been several follow on discussions since.
The September 24 status report stated the parties were hoping to reach agreement within 30 days.
See:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SYHt_rpvYyb2c3Q1ZBOTlVQm8/image?pagenumber=3&w=800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The opt out or not decision was made by the leasor of the LEAF.
They were the party in the class.
Dealer can check if the vehicle has been flagged B0133 as no capacity warranty.
Is a bit strange though that lessor who never owned the vehicle could make choice that impacts future owner when NMAC was the original owner.

But depending on mediation agreement, all parties in the class may be given an opportunity to opt out or not.

And NO, it is not infinite mpg.
You can calculate an electric equivalent mpg a lot of different ways, but none of the answers are infinite.

Yeah. Miles per Kilo Watt Compared to Gallons per mile is better in my book any day.
I'm running less than $2.00 per week to drive to work. Compare that to $200- $250 per month to drive my truck the same distance and another $180.00 to change the oil twice a year. No complaints about electric cars here.

Zurc.

Back