Anyone here from North Carolina?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rsmith1 said:
I'm in Raleigh, NC. Confirmed through Nissan chat today that I have a December order.

Does your "estimated delivery" date still say pending when you check your account on http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index ?

I read somewhere that NC Leafs wouldn't be delivered until April....I'm trying to figure out where best to go to keep up with it all....especially if there's something I'm supposed to be doing....

--Sarah

Looks like we'll have to wait a lot longer. Just got this email even though I confirmed last week that I was a december order. I reserved on the first day, 4/20, and it's looking like late 2011 or early 2012 before i'll get it delivered.

Hi xx, thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. The response to this 100% electric car has been amazing.

Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of the highest quality.

If you have any other questions, please contact us through our Nissan LEAF live chat or by calling 877-NO-GAS-EV.

Has anyone received anything on EVSE installation?
Or, has anyone submitted the Nissan waiver form for the installation?
(I'm negative on both.)

rsmith1 said:
Looks like we'll have to wait a lot longer. Just got this email even though I confirmed last week that I was a december order. I reserved on the first day, 4/20, and it's looking like late 2011 or early 2012 before i'll get it delivered.

Hi xx, thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. The response to this 100% electric car has been amazing.

Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of the highest quality.

If you have any other questions, please contact us through our Nissan LEAF live chat or by calling 877-NO-GAS-EV.

My guess is that Nissan's plan is to deliver to NC from the Tenn facility. Nissan will tell us how great that is, but I'm not too happy about it, because most car plants have a lot of problematic vehicles until the kinks get worked out.

I know we're all still frustrated with having to wait to order in NC, but here are some positive signs that things are moving forward. The city of Raleigh has installed another new charging station in downtown Raleigh. This makes the 4th public station in downtown (3 from the City and 1 at NC State). The City is supposed to install 27 more by summer.

Here is the newest one:
http://electric.carstations.com/3090

rsmith1 said:

I got this one, too. (Cary) I'm guessing September? Anyone have any idea what "late summer" means to the Japanese?

Anyone Test Driving in Charlotte, NC? I have one scheduled on 3/13/11. I have no news about when I can order. Reserved on 7/17/10.

Anybody else in the same boat??

Finally getting to drive one this week! Anyone else doing the test drive event in Raleigh. It's at the State Farmer's Market

Friday, March 4th from 7am-5pm
Saturday, March 5th from 7am-5pm
Sunday, March 6th from 8am-4pm

visit http://www.drivenissanleaf.com to register for a test drive.

rsmith1 said:
Finally getting to drive one this week! Anyone else doing the test drive event in Raleigh. It's at the State Farmer's Market

Friday, March 4th from 7am-5pm
Saturday, March 5th from 7am-5pm
Sunday, March 6th from 8am-4pm

visit http://www.drivenissanleaf.com to register for a test drive.

We made an appointment to test drive early Friday in Raleigh. Since the time I made the appointment, I haven't heard a thing. Makes me wonder if the event is still on, or if they have any record.

On the issue of "late summer" the weather in Tokyo is essentially identical to that in Raleigh, so my guess is that "late summer" means to Nissan people what it means to us, and is similarly ambiguous, e.g. either late August or late September, depending.

Either way, that schedule suggests that all the NC cars will come from the factory in Tennessee. I have an uneasy feeling about that until a quality level is established for those cars. Also, I guess these will be cars for the next model year, so I'm expecting some changes, at least little ones.

I got this vague reply from Nissan, "North Carolina is a part of the secondary launch market. Orders will start opening for customers in your area in the late summer of 2011. Therefore you will probably be invited to schedule your home charging dock assessment approximately one month prior to final orders opening. We appreciate your patience in this matter."

That tells me I might have to wait until 2012 to actually get one. Will the federal tax credit still be valid next year?? Does anyone know whatever happened to the NC Senate Bill 1066 (2009-10 session), which promised a $2000 NC tax credit?

I emailed both my state senator and representative shortly after the election last year about tax credits for EV's. Both of them basically said we'll see what the budget looks like. Which means...it's not going to happen. The republicans have control over both houses and that is the furthest thing from their minds. Right now they're stirring up social issues. I imagine the federal credit will continue for some time though.

My son and I are both registered for the Raleigh event this weekend. I'm also thinking about going to Charlotte next weekend.

My husband and I will be at the State Farmers Market in Raleigh this Saturday. We have a 10:30am slot.

I'm expecting there to be a Leaf for us to test drive!

--Sarah

Back