New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlv said:
$10/half hour? It figures since the Chesnut Hill Mall is normally considered pricey.

I think that makes recharging the Leaf more expensive than gasoline, even at the prices from a year ago.
(my thinking: half hour gives 60 miles of range; for 60mi I'd need about 2-2.5 gallons; thus $7-$8.50 at $3.50/gallon)
3.50 a gallon? its down to 2.70 around here.. (well chestnut hill its more like $3)
$10 its a ripoff should be $5 or free with a mall purchase. but I guess if you're in a pinch it will do.

New PlugShare posts report that Ron Bouchards Nissan near Rt 2 & 190 Leominster has gone from having the QC open 24/7 to locking it and only allowing customers to use it during business hours. Sent them a plea to reconsider, as they're the only one for miles around there. But shocked. Would happily rather pay a fee than lose access. Even though I'm a customer, it won't do me any good after hours. *#%¥!!@!? dealerships!

There are now 2 CHAdeMO stations showing up on PlugShare in Rhode Island. One is at the Schneider Electric office in West Kingston, but it's listed as Restricted Access on PlugShare. The other is at Premier Nissan in Newport. If they ever fix the station at Grossman Nissan in Old Saybrook, CT, I could get my Leaf all the way to Cape Cod with the stations that exist now.

I was at Bruce Bennett Nissan in Wilton CT for my one year check and he showed me his new L3 charger from Nissan that will be going in. They already have 2 L2s available to all, so this will be a great addition.

A bunch of new QC sites popping up on PlugShare, all labeled "coming soon", all NRG eVgo, some in VT, some in MA, and CT. Can't find any info on their website about them, but did send a contact form. Plans look pretty pricey, for example, the Freedom Plan for QC use on the road is $15/month plus $0.10/min, so looks like it would only be worth it if your situation warranted it. More concerning are the negative reviews I'm finding online. Doesn't look promising.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Another 62A CHAdeMO showed up on ChargePoint, in Barre VT, copied the info over to a new PlugShare posting. Looks like I'll be able to go to Montreal pretty soon if this keeps up. Who's putting these up? This one seems to be at a granite company? Needs confirmation.

I can confirm the DCQC in Rutland, Middlebury, and Burlington work well, except the one at the Burlington Nissan dealer which has a broke handle.
With some care, I think its possible for someone from Mass to attend the huge EV parade and test drive event in Montreal.

Anyone who drives a plug-in (other than a Tesla) more than 500 km to attend can hit me up for a Model S test ride (unless they luck out and get to ride of the P85Ds that will be present).

http://www.branchezvous.org/#!programme/c1hwu

I'm trying to find the English version.

joeriv said:
I was at Bruce Bennett Nissan in Wilton CT for my one year check and he showed me his new L3 charger from Nissan that will be going in. They already have 2 L2s available to all, so this will be a great addition.

Just called and they told me the L3 is installed and working - it's located in the front of the sales building where the L2s are located.

The branchezvous festivities are under way at the Gilles-Villeneuve race track in Montreal. 17 models are EV are available for test drives and of course there will be the World Record attempt of LEAFs and EVs in parade Saturday afternoon.

With the CHAdeMO stations in White River Junction, Middlebury, and Burlington, LEAF owners in New England should consider attending. Even Tesla Motors mentioned the event today on fb.

Link a few posts up.

Talk about backwards thinking...

Johnson Nissan in Pittsfield, MA actually REMOVED their level 2 charging equipment. Don't plan on bringing your EV to central Berkshire county - no level 2 anywhere between Lenox and North Adams.

Other Nissan dealers are getting CHAdeMO and we are LOSING the ONLY level 2 in a several-town radius.

UPDATE: I found out that Johnson actually sold the Nissan part of their dealership to Haddad (in another location in Pittsfield) -- now to lobby the new dealership to become LEAF friendly.

The Big Y in Greenfield has a CHAdeMO and a Level 2 EVSE. They are on the Chargepoint network, but they are free to use.

So, finally getting around to planning a trip to Montreal. Got my Circuit Electrique card for Quebec and a GMP card for VT. Started looking at all the new QCs in VT and discovered that most of them are down! All the ones I would need around Burlington, Montpelier, and Barre. Fujis mostly. Kind of discouraging. I should be OK if I go up the west side of VT and at least one near Burlington is working by the time I get there. Might have to use some L2s, especially north of Burlington, it's like 90 miles from there to Montreal and no QC yet in St. Jean-sur-Richleau. Gonna be an adventure.

Back