Open letter about Nissan customer abuse by Blink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidjess

2015-01-04

Thank you all for your answers. For my main gripe with Blink please see Item L. They are blaming Nissan's customers for their own errors, thus seem to be abusing Nissan's customers and degrading Nissan's hard-earned name.

Open letter to Blink EV car charging network:

I am a 2015 Nissan Leaf SL Premium user. I like the Leaf for handling, acceleration, luxury features, popularity, 2 years free charging on 5 networks with NCTC, and fast charging.

I have told over 100 dealers and EV club members what I appreciate and what I cannot tolerate about Blink's corporate behavior, and why I think Blink is degrading Nissan's and dealers' good names. We all have problems, but at least we treat our customers with respect.

I need the following from the EV community and from Blink (down farther):
AAA. Navigators that estimate fuel use by elevation.
AA. Apps that can filter all pertinent info at once like 24 hr, bathroom, free, NCTC, and so on.
A. Add-on battery pack, low profile, for more reserve range.
B. RV adapter for intercity travel.
C. Network of RV chargers. Plug in first, THEN go to office to pay.
D. Reserve chargers before driving to them.
E. Tow-away and $350 fine sign on every single reserved space, strictly enforced for ICE parking violations.
F. No harsh restrictions on parking time for EVs. Pay for parking and electricity, not fines or risk of being towed away except for extreme abuse or non-payment, and not having to ask for space to be cleared or for charger to be started.
G. Chargers dedicated to every single EV owner at apartments, even trickle.
H. Welcoming EV users as guests, with aligned security interests, with optimal provision of restrooms, civility, hospitality, wifi, facilities, pools, clubhouses, 24-hour charging access, and information about nearby facilities, especially bathrooms.

I can forgive Blink for half of fast chargers out of order. However, I expect the following from them:
I. Accurate real-time info on every station.
J. Option to fast charge per minute or for 30 minutes on NCTC without being charged $7 for going 1second over.
K. Accurate measurement of time if they are to charge us, or else regulation by state dept of weights and measures.
L. Courteous and efficient assistance with using NCTC when machine fails to start or when card is reported lost before replaced, refraining from blaming us by repeating over and over that we signed the agreement that we only get NCTC benefits if we use the physical Nissan card.

We all have problems with customers, yet we, Nissan, and dealers all have a commitment to respect them, which the public knows about us. Unfortunately, Blink not only has problems, but also seems to be ruining our good name by systematically abusing our customers, which situation we should repair in order to preserve our good names and hard-won customer goodwill.

Sincerely,

David J Borough
Instructional designer
Sent from my Apple I-phone

Rather demanding post and partially directed to the wrong folks...

What's a "2015 Nissan Leaf LE Premium"? There's no LE... Premium?

As for A to H... who is this "EV community"? Who's going to pay to provide, develop, manufacture, maintain and enforce some of you're asking for? Some will strongly disagree about F. Blockage of EV spots by non-charging cars is an issue.

E requires proper local laws be in place.

Most of us know that Blink sucks but they're not to blame for many of your gripes/wants before item I, nor should they be responsible. Perhaps you have a misunderstanding about who Blink and http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CCGI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are? And, it's "iPhone" (http://www.apple.com/iphone/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) not "I-phone".

Maybe I missed something but I'm also confused about the reference to "our customers"? Who is "our"? Does the OP work for a dealer or dealer group?

Thank you all for your answers. For my main gripe with Blink please see Item L. They are blaming their customers and Nissan's for their own errors, thus degrading Nissan's hard-earned name.

Leaf SL Premium package has thin wheels, leather seats, 360 degree camera, solar panel, Bose sound, and I forget what else constitutes the Premium part.

Most of the solutions I listed are incredibly easy cures for a sick system, so on the question of who in the world would provide all this hospitality, I think it imay be a profit-increasing proposition for providers, which should make it way easier than if it were charity or a profit reducer.

I understand why people want to penalize EV owners who do not come right out and move their cars after charging, but I think we should realize these are real people with real lives. An optimal solution will probably be provision of plenty of spaces and allowing EV owners to use them on their normal schedules.

Some of the wording in your posting seems off-putting, and may be diluting your message.

----
(inline comments in italics)

I need the following from the EV community and from Blink <<<== I think "want" would make more sense than "need". (What is your recourse if your "needs" aren't met?)
AAA. Navigators that estimate fuel use by elevation. <<<=== "energy use" not "fuel use"... And for elevation changes.
A. Add-on battery pack, low profile, for more reserve range. <<<=== Fairly huge request.
E. Tow-away and $350 fine sign on every single reserved space, strictly enforced for ICE parking violations. <<<=== Why $350?
F. No harsh restrictions on parking time for EVs. Pay for parking and electricity, not fines or risk of being towed away except for extreme abuse or non-payment, and not having to ask for space to be cleared or for charger to be started. <<<=== Is this in response to something that happened to you? Many of us who want (need?) EV spaces to be available only for charging purposes could take issue with the suggestion that you should have some liberty to stay longer just to park there.
G. Chargers dedicated to every single EV owner at apartments, even trickle. <<<=== Good luck with that.
L. Courteous and efficient assistance with using NCTC when machine fails to start or when card is reported lost before replaced <<<===What happened here? Reported your card lost then tried to use it? It sounds like you made some kind of mistake, then are getting upset with them for it.

Back